Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Mine is Mine - Solo [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kenzo Valens 

What's Mine is Mine - Solo [Quest] Empty Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 pm

Kenzo Valens
Kenzo had just gotten back at the Sieghart Mountains from his small detour to Era. It hadn’t been long since he’d left Rania by herself in the cabin at the village that was being attacked by the werewolves. After all his matters in Era had taken less time than what he’d first expected. For that, he was still itching for something exciting and interesting to do. As he road atop Shadow Runner, the male enjoyed the morning at the mountains. True, he had never been there before, having heard of it nothing more than barren lands and inhospitable climates. The sun was certainly hot, but nothing that could be compared to the scorching heat he used to fight under while campaigning in Desierto. Here, it was much tamer. More enjoyable even. After all, the cool breezes of the North seemed to be a common occurrence, making the temperature more bearable.

Either way, Kenzo felt like he still had some time left. For that reason, he decided to try and take a different route that led him to the hidden village. After all, he was of an inquisitive and curious nature. He always knew that if he hadn’t chosen a life as a mercenary, he’d have definitely become a treasure hunter or explorer. There were many mysteries ready to be discovered scattered through the world. Many artifacts that no one that was still alive knew about. Even so, he didn’t expect something quite grandiose for that day. He merely wanted to try something new. Who knew? Maybe there was some adventure laying in front of him.

After finally climbing a small slope, it seemed that the Gods would smile for the Bellan that day. Lo and behold, there was a noticeable trace of smoke coming from the distance. ”Shall we go?”

[300/2000]

What's Mine is Mine - Solo [Quest] IgtZBYS
#2Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
The male once again spurred his Dhuilin into action. Shadow Runner had sustained a tranquil pace so far, so he too was feeling restless. The horned horse galloped with glee, almost as if he had finally returned to the place where he was supposed to belong. As he got closer and closer, Kenzo noticed that the smoke came out not from a single building hidden within the mountains. Rather, it was as if a large-scale operation at the side of the mountain had given place for the creation of an entirely new city. Kenzo had never seen one himself, but there was no denying that the settlement in front of him was nothing other than a mining village. Hundreds of workers came and went carrying equipment and materials in and out of the mine shafts. Rocks and dirt piled up at the exit, while smiths and other artisans appraised the ores and minerals recently extracted. It was truly a sight to behold.

Lift up by the hectic ambience, Kenzo decided to take a break at one of the inns. The Bellan instinctively knew that the booze there must have been top quality. There was no way in hell that a bunch of tired, sweaty miners would allow for their only source of distraction and enjoyment come from bad quality alcohol. How was Kenzo sure? Just a hunch. Strapping Shadow Runner’s rein at a wooden post outside the establishment, the warrior slammed open the old west style rotating wooden doors as he made his way inside. The place seemed like it was brought out of the famous stories about the wild west, with cowboys and all.

Excited about the idea, the blue haired male made his way to the counter. ”Bar keeper! Get me a pint of your coldest pale ale!”

[600/2000]

#3Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
”Buah!! This is what I’m talking about… Heeeeee” Kenzo exclaimed with a low voice to himself as he enjoyed the bitter taste of the cold beer flowing down his throat. Truth be told, it had been a while since the last time he drank something as good as that. Leave it to miners, I guess. Or more accurately, leave it to a place with abundant gold laying around in the ground, I guess. Either way, the alcohol was top notch, and that was all that mattered to the mercenary. As he got comfortable in his chair, he began looking around, seeing if there was something interesting going around. The male spoke and gossiped in their different levels of drunkenness. However, there was a specific conversation that caught his attention. ”I’m telling you! I’m completely sure we’ve struck jackpot with the tunnel’s concessions. There’s a large ore vein that’s still virgin”

Kenzo couldn’t completely understand the conversation, given the technical terminology used by the two men discussing about the theme. However, the main idea was that the rich man speaking had just bought the rights of exploitation to one of the mine’s shafts. Apparently, that was not the end of the story though. ”Yes, while the biggest concentration is definitely gold and silver, my scouts have a reason to believe that there are traces of Magnetite resting close by.”

”Magnetite Stone? Pfft! No way!” the person in front of the rich man refuted his remark with a dismissive stone. ”There’s no way such a convenient mineral exists either way!” ”And I’m telling you that it is there!! The only reason no one has found it is due to the Major Kobolds that have made a nest near its location! I’m planning to soon put up a request for it! You’ll see!”

[900/2000]

#4Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
As Kenzo listened to their conversation, it came to a point where he couldn’t help himself. Standing up from his wooden stool, the warrior made his way to their table with the two gentlemen slowly. ”I’m sorry to interrupt gentlemen… But I couldn’t help but hear you’re in need of someone to deal with some monsters” Kenzo placed his own drink at the table carefully as he pulled a chair for himself. ”You see. You’re in luck. I’m a top notch adventurer looking for a job to take” The mercenary finally sat at the table, crossing both of his arms with a look of satisfaction in his face. The two men remained silent for a moment, exchanging suspicious gazes at each other. Finally, the rich man was the first of the two to speak. ”So. Are you even in a guild or something? How do we know you’re not a fraud?”

Kenzo chuckled at the man’s comments. It was truly preposterous that such a backwater village still existed in the land. ”My, that is quite a blow to my pride if I’m allowed to say.” The male took his hand to his heart as he feigned being offended by the comment. ”Guild you say? Will Blue Pegasus do?” Kenzo shift his whole to the side, twisting himself to show his back. As he pulled his shirt, the platinum colored tattoo he wore between both of his shoulder blades was revealed to the strangers. ”The name is Kenzo Valens – Pleasure to be of service”

After seeing the tattoo, it seemed that both men were finally reassured. ”Very well, let me tell you what this is all about.” The leader of the two explained the request in full detail. It was rather simple really. All he needed to do was kill monsters.

[1200/2000]

#5Kenzo Valens 

What's Mine is Mine - Solo [Quest] Empty Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:57 pm

Kenzo Valens
Kenzo had no time to waste. After all, according to the rich guy that had just hired him to do the job, the Major Kobolds went to sleep during the day, waking up at around noon. There was still a couple of hours left before the beasts woke up, so the best time to strike would be this moment. For that reason, Kenzo decided it was time to get into action. Before going down the shaft though, he made sure to request a map from the owner. Apparently, a group of cavern explorers had charted it a couple of days ago, so it was supposed to be of great quality. Either way, the male finally descended the mine once he had acquired all of the necessary things for the trip. Not that he actually needed them, but he knew?

The trip down the shaft was completely uneventful. Stalagmites and stalactites littered the whole place, making it kind of hard to move around. Even if the shaft were completely natural, he was sure that all of that would have to be cleared up when excavations started. The rugged terrain made it difficult to traverse it, slowing the mercenary down. Without noticing, a couple of hours had already passed. However, that was the least of his concerns the deeper he descended into the darkness. At some point, Kenzo began feeling the presence of other people further inside. He was told by the owner that a group of thieves had tried to squabble some ore outside of his shaft some days before but had been unsuccessful in their deeds. Apparently, the amount of raw gold littering the deeper parts of the shaft were too much of a temptation to resist. Once Kenzo got close enough to hear them, he knew it was true.

[1500/2000]

#6Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
”Do you think we will be able to escape without being caught this time?” One of the thieves asked to whom appeared to be the leader. ”Yeah, last time we were unprepared. We hired a turncoat amongst the shaft guards this time, so we will have no trouble escaping with all of our loot.” The unsuspecting group of thieves laughed at the prospect of their success. ”We are going to become reach soon! I can almost smell the gold”

Kenzo trailed behind them from a safe distance. He didn’t want to catch their attention just yet. After all, it seemed that they knew better than him where they needed to go.

A couple of more minutes passed by, until finally Kenzo heard something. ”AAHAA!!! Here it is!!! We’re rich!!!! We’re rich!!!” The group of men jumped and hugged each other around. Even if Kenzo couldn’t directly see them, the sound of golden nuggets clashing against each other, the walls and the ground made it evident that there was a fountain of gold to pick up. The party was definitely celebrating by picking them up and making it rain. Too noisy in Kenzo’s opinion. The laughter, hugging, dancing, and singing of the men came quickly to a halt though. As soon as they started picking up the gold nuggets and placing them inside their sacks, the warrior started moving. Yet, it would seem that he wasn’t the only one after the invaders of the cavern.

”AAAAGGGH!! NO! PLE-“ The familiar sounds of steel against flesh echoed through the mine’s shaft, while the all too familiar scent of rusty iron and fresh blood inundated the place. Growling and fidgeting signaled only one thing, and it was not good news for Kenzo. Before he could take care of the thieves, the Kobolds did.

[1800/2000]

#7Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
The men had been ambushed by the beasts living inside the mine. Kenzo had no time to waste. As soon as the last thief was killed, the male sprung into action and took a slash at them. The first head fell to the ground almost instantly, killing the beast while a splatter of blood gushed out from where his head once rested. The fighting was fierce. Even for a skilled swordsman such as himself, the Major Kobolds were no joke at all. Their strength was compared to that of the Barrang that he’d hunted back at Port Astera some months ago but packing all the power in the small size of the Kobold gave it a definitive advantage. After much struggling, Kenzo was finally able to deal the final blow to the one that appeared to be the leader. Unfortunately for him, it seemed that all the commotion from their fight had taken a toll in the structural integrity of the mine. The floor shook as cracks started gushing out od the walls. Not long after, the floor caved in and Kenzo free-fell deeper into the mine.

”Crap..” Those were the last words the mercenary remembered. However, that was not where his story would end. Luckily for him, he had made it deeper into the mine, but had fallen in an underground body of water. He was soaked, but alive. However, that was not where his luck ended. Glowing at the middle of the shallow underground lake, a perfectly round stone shone with a myriad of colors. This was definitely the Magnetite Stone that the owner was talking about. Getting closer to appreciate its glow, the ore suddenly melted like liquid. Flowing through Kenzo’s fingers and up his body, the thing finally settled in the jawbone protruding from his cheek, fusing with it. Kenzo wasn’t sure what the effect was, but he certainly felt lighter. Power flowing through the stone.

-EXIT-

[2121/2000]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum