Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Poropo Poproporp
In the grand city of Sachsia of Basco Poropo wandered around in search of something to eat with his newfound wealth. The happy monk's wealth has come from taking several jobs and requests back in Fiore, but splurging in a foreign country as beautiful Bosco might make Poropo poor again. Waddling from one foot to another, Poropo search high and low within the large city for a restaurant to sit down, away from the hot sun, and eat a fine, midday meal.

"The restaurants here seem quite pleasant all around - I cannot even begin to choose which restaurant to go to! Hah hah hah!" Poropo chuckled with glee knowing he could eat anywhere he wanted with how many Jewels he had accumulated, bar restaurants meant for nobility and upper-class merchants. The monk was drowning in choice as his leisurely stroll continued without a care in the world.

In fact, Poropo was so happy with the choices at his disposal he decided to talk to a random stranger. He closed his eyes, stumbled in a circular motion, and pointed until his right index finger landed on an individual, "Um...maybe not...bah! The Iron Deity has led my finger to land on this individual's position! I must heed!"

Stumbling up to the individual, Poropo initiated a conversation to inquire about the local restaurants, "Hello, may the Iron Deity bless you. Might you be able to guide me to a fine restaurant? No matter your choice, I will happily pay for a meal for you, too. Just not an expensive one. Hah!" Poropo could pay for his own meal, but paying for someone else's choice might be out of the monk's price range - the blessing of the Iron Deity will decide the fate of Poropo's wealth after this encounter.

#2Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:51 pm

Knuckles Shi

Bosco was a place Knuckles had visited in the aid of some people not too long ago. When a family or something was fighting for power. He did not partake in the war of power but did not sit by and wish harm to come to those he had passed by while men with torches looked to burn the walls of homes. The man had returned for a bit of vacation after all that had occurred with the founding of the guild and the battle with the Rune Knights. His plans laying on his mind as to what he was to do and which road to take to lead him to tales of Legends as was his dream.

Born of money and a maker of it these days the Middle-Aged man looked through windows peering at the fashion of this land. It rather disgusted him. After all, he was a man of taste but one suited in the armor of metal and leather rather than fine cloth. After a moment spent outside of the store, he dared to walk in when someone approached. They offered them a Blessing from the Iron Deity, whoever that was. The Demon within him to whom he had sworn his life for power hissed within the confines of his mind. "A God following man, do good by me Knuckles and I shall awaken powers within you in which you would only dream of." What an annoying voice, the constant bidding for power within his mind drew the man mad. It was timed as these he wished to go back and slay himself for making such a pact with the vile creature. Though he had given him the power to become on the path for what he wanted.

"Thank you, but I fear the blessings will go wasted. As to the offering to pay for a meal I thank you, but I must decline. Though I will lead you to a place I had found to be interesting. " Knuckles extended his right hand to the man offering it as a greeting. "I am Knuckles Shi, and you are?" He awaited the man's name before shaking his hand and then taking it back to his side. Knuckles would then step out towards his left and extend his left hand outward as to the motion to step this way. If the man did so, he would lead the man down the street.

There was a restaurant down the way Knux had found quite good his last time here. Noodles drenched are sauces with chicken within it. Garlic and other finely selected spices and herbs grounded and chopped up which had given dishes he had tried great flavor. They served freshly baked bread with the meals too, which was helpful to mop the plate after.

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:11 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was relieved the person his finger landed on was kind and helpful - not only would Knuckles lead a stranger with Poropo's appearance to a fine restaurant, but they declined the free meal! Poropo gladly shared his name with Knuckles, "My name is Poropo Poproporp - nice to meet you. I will gladly follow you to your suggested eatery." Poropo shook hands with Knuckles Shi and was then lead to a very Bosco-esque restaurant - noodles, pasta, sauces, and chicken with whatever herbs grown locally.

Poropo was not regretting his choice to choose a random stranger to lead him to fine food. After all, the best food of any given region is their specialty. Having made their way to the eating establishment, Poropo wondered if Knuckles would sit down and share a table, "Thank you so much - a perfect choice! The only thing I can think of to make my eating experience better would be to share a table and talk with someone as kind as you. You seem more familiar with Bosco than me so perhaps you can lend me more of your suggestions." Poropo wanted to share a nice meal with a stranger - a rare experience despite the world being more connected than ever, especially for someone as old and wrinkly as Poropo.

#4Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:58 am

Knuckles Shi

Listening to the thanks the man with crimson locks nodded as he gave a small bow. "You are most welcome Poropo. When it came to the man's name he would say it slowly making sure he had repeated it within his mind 100 times to try and get the pronunciation of it correct. "Of course, I would not dare force a manI just only met to eat alone, especially one so unique. I'll admit this is not my first time here within the great place of Bosco. Though last time I visited it was in a state of chaos. You have come in a time after that, which is good timing and likely cheaper. "

The both of them had entered through the front as they waited for someone to approach them. A young man with tanned skin approached in an all-white uniform. His hair was jet black and well-groomed. His eyes are a deep brown that seems to almost be black. "Welcome Gentlemen, thank you for picking Boscoroma's. I can tell both of you got a good eye. Well, follow me and I shall set yous up. Expecting others or just ya selves?"

Knuckles looked over to the man for a moment to see if he was waiting on others, though he had doubted this to be the case since he had been alone upon meeting him nothing was showing that he wasn't alone either.

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"No, we will not be expecting anyone else." Poropo was glad he could get just one person to eat good food with him, let alone more than one. Poropo did not have the best of luck with people int he past, but bad experiences can be learning experiences, too. Perhaps the rejection has mellowed out Poropo because he speaks not of the Iron Diety as often, for better or worse.

"Oh, but if we could choose our seating - I would like to sit outside in the shade," said the monk, pointing to seating which was under a large awning - small, round tables with cloth draped over to add color to the wooden table and chairs. Hopefully Knuckles would not mind the seating arrangement because Poropo simply waddled over to one of those outdoor tables.

"I cannot wait to eat some good, Boscan food - I have been procrastinating all day." With food ever so close, Poropo was starting to lose his manners. However, the gluttonous monk did turn around halfway through his waddle to ask if Knuckles would mind, "Oh...um...apologies, Knuckles. I seem to have lost my manners - you do not mind sitting outdoors, right?" Poropo attempted to fix his behavior as quickly as possible, but the smell of food was starting to melt his sense of reason.

#6Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 am

Knuckles Shi

The news of no one else joining was welcoming. If any more monks were to join his side he would fear the demon would give him no other choice but to unless the demonic powers within him and force him to act out in an unholy manner, to say the least. The Monk then waddled off leaving the armored man to follow as he expressed his want to sit outside, Knuckles would have protested if not for the shade and cooler weather. Sitting out in the sun with metal gear was no something he would enjoy. The opportunity though to sit with a man with this Monk's background would be rare, perhaps he could learn of some things. Either Demon Secrets or if the man was in the company of a Nepheniam.

Giving the man a soft smile, the armored man shook his head back and forth.   "No, it's fine. Though I'll admit, seems odd to want the dining experience of an upper classed restaurant only to sit out within the crowd of people and not enjoy the art and fine furniture of the establishment.  Outside is fine however, I travel often so I am accustomed to it."  Knuckles joined the man at the shaded table, pulling his chair from it as he sat down.  Soon after they two sat a woman with shoulder-length black hair came to their table wearing a friendly smile.  She asked what she could fetch them to drink as she sat down to paper menus before them.  

"A red wine please."

#7Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo felt bad about his decision to eat outside - he had forgotten the difference in clothing the pair of gentlemen were wearing. Knuckles was wearing dense-looking armor while Poropo was wearing nothing but undergarments and a silk robe. The different was so staggering Poropo felt dumb for not remembering - the whole reason the monk was not sure of fate's choice was the relatively imposing appearance of Knuckles Shi. Thankfully, fate was kind to Poropo as Knuckles did not seem to mind, sitting at the outdoor table just as the monk hastily had.

"You are not wrong - I have made a strange choice. I have forgotten the feeling of wearing dense garments since becoming a worshiper of the Iron Deity. Besides my stupidity, my reason for eating outdoors also had a small bit to do with my worship - the purity of the outdoors is something I can stop myself from trying to appreciate. Nonetheless, I apologize for putting myself first - I thank you for your hospitality." Poropo's long apology finally concluded as the waitress came to receive the gentlemen's drink orders. The monk's mind stumbled for a bit trying to choose a drink so he decided to rely on Knuckles choice again.

"And a red wine for me as well, please."

#8Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:54 am

Knuckles Shi

The man had honor, he apologized for being selfish. "No need." Knux said as he held a hand up. Motioning his hands to his head he removed the helmet from his head and sat it onto his lap. After they placed their order for drinks the waitress walked off to fetch the drinks. While they awaited the return of the woman, Knuckles glanced down at the menu and the large options they had to offer. "Forgive if I am being rude, but if I may. This Iron Deity, what is it that they teach? " He was curious, he had not heard of this god yet. Though he was not sure if it was possibly another name for perhaps another god he did know of. Picking out the meal he would like to try he sat the menu down as he looked up to the monk, as his eyes focused onto him the Demon within his mind roared out. "Kill this man KNUCKLES! I demand it! O shall give you more power if you slay a holy man. Do it! Anyone who follows a God is too stupid to live their own path. " A slight sigh became audible. "I do not wish to slay this man, I wish to learn if he can lead me to a Neph. Allow me to do as I promised at my own accord."

#9Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Knuckles seemed comfortable enough around Poropo to remove his helmet - the monk knew eating would be difficult or impossible with a helmet, but Poropo still felt proud of himself to be a comfortable presence for Knuckles. Unfortunately, Poropo was completely unaware of the sleeping calamity within Knuckles Shi, nagging the raider into doing harm to the religious monk.

"I am so glad you asked!" Poropo was extremely excited to be able to talk about the Iron Deity's teachings with an interested party. The opportunity to sit down, have a meal outside, and talk with someone about the Iron Deity was being more the perfect experience every passing minute. Poropo did not bother with the menu, laser-focused on talking to Knuckles, "When I was a young man much like you, I was not in a good place - my duty was to sire children but no woman would have me. I wished to keep my purity, but the women had no patience with me. One night I prayed for someone to understand me and a voice came to me - the Iron Deity, they called themself, wish for nothing but purity in all things."

The waitress eventually came back with the red wine and asked if the two gentlemen were ready to eat. Poropo was too enthralled and said, "I will have whatever he is having, please. So as I was explaining, the Iron Deity teaches purity in all things so I make sure to oil my skin to avoid blemishes and pierce my skin to avoid wrinkles. I also do not wear more than my undergarments and robe, but the most important part for the Iron Deity seemed to be the metal piercings - when there was nowhere a piercing was not visible..."

Poropo leaned in closer as if telling a secret, "...I received the gift of magic!" The monk leaned back into his seat as if reliving the moment of magic bestowal, "Haha! I felt all my prayer and purity vindicated for a second time! When I received my magic I also felt I understood the form of the Iron Deity - a god who's metallic body was made of pure, condensed radiance." Poropo relaxed for a moment to allow Knuckles a chance to respond - having the chance to explain his god was a moment the monk wished he could have everyday but rushing through the experience would be unwise.

#10Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:48 am

Knuckles Shi

The man seemed more than excited to share the tale of his god and jumped in right away. Knuckles would listen as the wine would be brought to them and nodded in thanks to the woman. As the Monk spoke Knuckles looked up to the woman when she asked about what they wished. Handing her the menu he pointed to an item on it. A pasta dish, it was creamy and offered chicken within it. It was spiced with garlic and other herbs served with bread. It sounded the best to the man for this time of day. She took the menus and walked away, the monk still going on, telling of his past, but now speaking of how he kept his skin oiled and fitted with metal piercings.

Knuckles was following along closely, actually interested after the man started his tale. As the man leaned in, Knuckles followed suit. His god had blessed him with Magic? Was this man one of the ones he had war with? Knuckles leaned back taking another sip of wine allowing it to sit within his mouth for a while. Taking it all in the then swallowed and gave the monk a smile. "So the god had rewarded your dedication? Intresting. I've heard of people making pacts or gaining gifts from gods before. I think they are referred to as NEPHILIM. " He put extra inferences onto the word. A bit of hit hate seeping into the word as he spoke the wretched name of his enemies. "Have you become such a thing?"

#11Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:04 am

Poropo Poproporp
Knuckles seemed to know more about Poropo's worship than most strangers, but even the monk did not know what a Nephilim was. The emphasis put on the word seemed to indicate some importance, but Poropo could not put his chubby finger on why. All the excited monk would do was answer truthfully, "Nephilim? I am not aware of such a being, unfortunately. The Iron Deity has only spoken to me once in my long lifetime of worship and the word Nephilim was not uttered." Poropo paused for a second and tried to remember what Knuckles said about Nephilim, "Does a Nephilim require knowledge of a pact to make one? If so, I was not aware of any pact before being gifted magic so I am probably not a Nephilim myself."

Poropo's excitement started to fade - the monk began believing his worship was only strong enough to gift him magic but too weak to become a "Nephilim". Poropo looked down at the purple cloth of the table and contemplated wordlessly. He rubbed his many chins while sitting back, worried his connection to the Iron Deity was going to end if the monk did not change his approach to the teachings of purity - Poropo did give up explaining the Iron Deity countless times instead of pushing.

#12Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:08 pm

Knuckles Shi

It seemed he had put a slight dent in the excitement of the man. Knuckles lowered his head in a slight bow. "Apologies Poropo, I did not mean to diminish your efforts. Though to my understanding, some type of pact must be made. Though I suppose in rare cases some may be born as such. Who is to say they are even real? " Knuckles lifted his head as he sat the cup onto the table. He thought it best to offer than man a bit of word to lighten the mood a bit, after all, it seemed his question had given a bad taste to the conversation. "I would not hang my head friend, I too am a man without magic. Being blessed enough to be able to cast magic is a show of how well you have given to your God. I am sure there are levels to becoming closer to a god. After all, you are indeed the first I have heard being gifted magic through a god in such away. Steady yourself, it may be a test to see if the gift of magic changes you. "

Knuckles was speaking from experience in this regard. He had made the pact with the Demon Beezulbub and ever since that day he felt drawn more and more to chaos, destruction, and death. Perhaps the oath of purity went into other things. It was clear the monk did not treat his body as a temple, and the hunger for more had a grip on him.

#13Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"Thank you for your kindness, Knuckles." Poropo bowed and as he looked up, the food the gentlemen had ordered came - faster service than the monk was expecting. However, the monk had been talking Knuckles' head off for a solid minute - the food being prepared by now should not have surprised Poropo, "Wow, such expedient service. I continue to be amazed by your choice in restaurant."

Knuckles had made a great choice for a dining experience - outdoor seating, fine wine, and quick service. The only thing left to do was taste the wonderful food presented before them - Poropo did not pay attention to Knuckles' order so the dish would be a surprise for Poropo.

The plates were set on the purple cloth of the small, round table - steam was visibly raising from the creamy cheese and chicken paste-dish. A beautiful sight to behold for the hungry Poropo - accidentally starving himself was feeling like a happy accident! The hefty monk took a deep whiff of the dish laying before him, "Aaaah~ A wonderful choice, friend - as always...you have me thinking about Nephilim and I cannot help but wonder...if there is purity and impurity, can there also be an opposed being to the Nephilim?" Poropo's face was made stern again as the monk gently lifted a fork and lanced a twirl of paste to begin eating.

#14Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:36 am

Knuckles Shi

The food made way for them, the smell of the freshly cooked pasta lifted into the air around the pair. It smelt wonderful and for a moment took his mind off the conversation at foot.  When it was placed before them, the Warrior looked up to the monk and gave a slight smile, some would say it was the perfect blend of a smile and smirk. "You honor me Monk Poropo. " Knuckles removed his silverware from his neatly wrapped napkin, grabbing the instrument he deemed worth for this dish he motioned to take a bite. As the fork would stick into the saucy, creamy, steamy, mouthwatering dish Knuckles paused instantly at the question. It was as he had become a statue, and it was at this time that he thought just for a moment that he had not been picked randomly and this was all a setup to lure Knuckles into a position to be taken out.

Knuckles tried to regain himself, sitting upright and moving his left hand to his glass of wine. The red nectar moistening his lips as he looked around to search for anything that had struck him as off or odd.  His eyes found nothing, not even a pair of eyes watching the two of them as they ate. Setting the glass back down Knuckles took a bite of his food before setting the fork down. After dabbing his face with his napkin Knuckles stared across the table into Poropo's eyes. "I'd imagine so.  The Gods have many warriors, the same can be said for the opposing force. Though I have not heard of and Champions of Devils if I am being honest.  The highest form of life I know of that opposes the gods are Demon Lords. These are known to make pacts or deals. They call those who take the power of Demons, Demons. "

#15Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The monk was eating his delicious meal in silence as he listened Knuckles' answer as to the existence of beings who are opposite to Nephilim. The monk looked up from time to time with slight surprise plastered on his sun-baked face - Knuckles seemed well versed in religious knowledge, at least in terms of Nephilim and the so-called "Daemons".

Poropo stopped slurping his pasta and roughly smeared a napkin across his smooth lips, "Despite my lack of a pact with my Iron Deity, I hope to meet a Nephilim - I am jealous but I hope to become one, too, so meeting a Nephilim could be an enlightening experience..." Poropo thought for a moment about Daemons and felt a tingle of dread at the thought of meeting one - according to Knuckles, Daemons were not necessarily opposed to Nephilim, but Demons are known to be impure beings. If a Demon is impure, then a Daemon must also be impure in some way.

The monk continued after taking a quick chug of wine, "However, glup, Daemons are something I cannot sort my mind around...glup...I cannot decide if I would ever want to meet one or if I do...if I do meet one by chance, I would probably rid the thing of impurity, somehow, hah hah hah!"

Poropo did not know the specifics of Daemons but perhaps Knuckles would enlighten the monk. Knowing how to defeat a Daemon and rid the beast of impurity feels like a task the Iron Deity would throw at Poropo, if the Iron Deity ever spoke again.

#16Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles smirked at the mention of meeting a Nephilim. "As do I, though if I were you I would not rush a meeting with Daemon.  Depending on the Demon they have made a pact with. " The man leaned forward to the plate of food before him as he started to take bites. The monk ate as pleasing as he looked to Knuckles' high standards. It was truly disgusting, no elegance about him. Perhaps his god had not offered a pact with him yet because of this.  The voice returned. "You hear him, he is not your sworn enemy but he is a child of a God. He wished to ascend into greatest and by then you might have allowed the one who will kill you the power to do so for not taking his life here. Hear him, boy, he wishes you dead! Grab your blade and stab the fat man through his heart now!"

Knuckles took the moment to respond to the demon. "As he is now he is no enemy of mine.  I may be allowing this man to live and walk away to one day become a foe. But I would rather he become a Nephilim and battle me than slay a man who just might have been too stupid to know he had magic his whole life. I have never heard of this God before today anyway. Besides, if I am to become a Legend I need my foes to become more powerful. If he is to grow into something stronger than I then I simply made a pact with the wrong demon haven't I?"  

He could hear the groan of the Demon within his mind as it became annoying. Though it had become silent now.  After having a few joyful bites of the pasta dish, he filled his mouth with the red wine once more until the glass was emptied. He sat the glass on the edge of the table waiting for the waiter to come back and refill it.  Until then he would turn his attention back to the monk.   "I would like to know friend if you ever come across a Daemon or Nephilim if at all possible. I would love to meet either one. "

#17Poropo Poproporp 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was intrigued by the words of Knuckles concerning Daemons - the type of Demon seemed to matter, but could the monk not possibly know such a thing just from a simple meeting. Perhaps encountering Daemons would help Poropo understand them and their types of pacts. For now, Poropo inhailed his meal and gluped the rest of his delicious wine

"I would love to let you know if I ever meet either - in fact, you have made me want to meet Daemons more than Nephilim, hah hah hah!" Poropo put his silverware down and roughly smeared a napkin across his lips once more. The monk wanted to continue his talk with Knuckles but yime was not forever - the crimson-haired warrior likely had somewhere to be in time and Poropo did not want to hold him.

"A great meal - I cannot thank you enough, kind Knuckles. Not only would I have not known about where to eat but also never known about Nephilim and Daemons! Maybe I would have been forced to know, but not in a comfortable environment." Poropo pulled back his chair and looked around for a waiter or waitress to pay for his meal. The monk then turned and held his hand out for Knuckles to shake.

"May our paths cross again, Knuckles Shi, and may the Iron Deity bless your way."

Exit

Last edited by Poropo Poproporp on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

#18Knuckles Shi 

Grab a Meal [Private, Knuckles] Empty Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:59 am

Knuckles Shi

Knuckles rose to his feet out of respect, took the man's hand, and shuck it. "I foresee them doing just that. Perhaps even sooner than either may wish. Take care of yourself Monk Poropo, I'm eager to learn of your progression of purity on our next encounter. " after letting go of the man's hand Knuckles retook his seat. He would finish his meal with another glass of wine before setting out. It was an interesting moment in his life, he learned of a new god and that they gave gifts prior to a contract, probably a show of faith? The demon had never offered anything for free, everything was at a cost. Though if he thought about it Monk Poropo had paid a price, the metal in his skin and the lifestyle he lived. Perhaps Demons and Gods were not so different after all, he was thankful that all his powers cost him was a part of his personality and emotions. The waitress would come once more giving the check to each of the men before bowing to the both of them. The Daemon smiled to her as he placed his drink order and fninshed the meal, paid his bill, then returned to the shopping he had planned.

-Exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum