Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exterminator [NQ | Aria | 3]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Astrid 

Exterminator [NQ | Aria | 3]   Empty Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:41 pm

Astrid
“I said already, I honestly don’t care the reasoning behind it. I’m not interested.” Her words were cold, unwavering, nor did the look upon her face given any reason to think that the situation may have changed, that her disposition or willingness to bulge on the matter would have changed. It was unprompted, unsolicited, and in no way tied towards anything in which either she, her companion, or the man had agreed to, or even so much as hinted at it.

Nevertheless, there he was, reaching out to her within the large room, the penthouse suite in which she had earned herself by dealing with some of the local infestations of creatures that had for so long plagued Dahlia, now wishing for her to carry out the very same task again. But this time, while the promise of these large accommodations and all that came with it were the ante before with her deal, there was little that he stood to be able to offer this time around.

168/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#2Astrid 

Exterminator [NQ | Aria | 3]   Empty Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:41 pm

Astrid
“Please! I don’t who else to turn to! Nobody, not the Magistrate, not the militia, none of them are willing to do anything!” His voice reeked of desperation, weakness. Emotions that under almost any other circumstance would have aroused a look and feeling of contempt and disgust upon her face, but in this, there existed something else, something far more enticing than that.

Opportunity.

She had come to love it, the power that came over with holding someone like this in this sort of situation. The absolute control, knowing that one had surrendered themselves in absolute helplessness in order to garner her support towards an endeavor that neither she cared about, so long as whatever the boon that was offered to her was enough to warrant her interest. In this, she had little reason to suspect much out of the man, but there were other things that she could have stood to gain out of this, and in that it were enough.

330/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#3Astrid 

Exterminator [NQ | Aria | 3]   Empty Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:42 pm

Astrid
“Seems then that I were hardly your first choice,” her tone shifted, becoming more coy than frustrated, the change being something that were similarly caught by the man, but the nature of it being one that took him by surprise, leaving his response as much filled with shame as it did uncertainty as to read how this interaction stood to go. “I would have hoped that if someone viewed me as such a capable source, then that they would have come to me sooner, if not be their first option.”

She turned her head, her eyes watching with anticipation as to how the man would respond. Fools were always something fun to watch, the doubt that existed within them being brought forward to the front foremost while she watched like a lioness pursuing and toying with her meal. She had this man where she wanted him, left to as much try to save any sort of report that he may have felt he had while also working to not offend her. A difficult road to walk, especially when exposed beforehand.

It was beautiful.

513/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#4Astrid 

Exterminator [NQ | Aria | 3]   Empty Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:42 pm

Astrid
“I… I…” The man sighed in defeat. “I will not lie; I had not considered you an option. Taking not away from what you accomplished before, to ask of you to pursue this matter, so soon even after having done what was asked, I could not bring myself to do that.” There was a hint of duty in his voice, pride perhaps even? Whatever it were, the man, though shameful for having been put in the situation to approach her, did not crawl in desperation as she would have expected. He stood firm, a rare sight as far as she were concerned. “You’ve seen how it is out there. The beasts run rampant. It should be upon the people of Dahlia to combat the threats within Dahlia….”

He paused, allowing himself to regain his composure, the woman whom he had been appealing to in full attention.

“You’ve found success where others would prefer to hide. If reaching out and coming before you on my knees, begging is the only way to ensure that this town remains standing, that this inn that I set up so many years ago remains standing, then I will do exactly that.”

709/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#5Astrid 

Exterminator [NQ | Aria | 3]   Empty Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:43 pm

Astrid
In his admission came the words that spelt out his surrender, his willingness to do anything and everything in order to find the peace that he were looking for. His willingness to accept him begging was as much him willing to pay the price, whatever it were that she may have thought it to be.

And long before they had even come to this point, she already had a very clear idea of what that would be.

“So, you wish for me to be your savior once again?” A dramatic pause, if only to see the shameful look upon the man’s face, before she continued, “Then you are in luck! I will aid you once again, but as you can surely understand, I cannot bring myself to put myself at risk without reasonable compensation.”

A weak nod came from the man, knowing that there was going to be an ante that had to have been paid. Better that that happen than it be that she refuse the option altogether.

“Before anything, I expect this room. Not just for the remainder of my stay here, however long that it may be, but for eternity. Anytime I happen upon here, I expect this room available for me. I expect it to be cleaned and properly prepared for my arrival, whether that be a week from now, a month, a decade. That term is non-negotiable, you understand?”

943/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#6Astrid 

Astrid
The first term, the man agreed to, knowing that there were no other options. With that out of the way, the woman reached out with her second demand, one that was much more curious, if not something that were more an oddity than anything else. The man, unsure of how to respond entirely, agreed, albeit with a level of reservation in he wished he knew more of what was expected. None the less, with the deal brokered and the woman satisfied that her new temporary, permanent residence within this decrepit part of the accursed Dahlia, the pair – her and her valuable homunculus – departed out towards the inner parts, hunting the same prey that once before they had rid the region of.

Expecting much the same results, she did not expect that it would take very long to encounter one of the beasts that the man had been so worried for. If they had proven to be such a nuisance that they had to have been addressed, they would show up soon enough.

1115/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#7Astrid 

Astrid
It was only a short time later when they finally did appear, a small pack, maybe just a few more than what she would have figured to be the bare minimum. They hardly seemed intimidating though; runts more like it than that of terrifying creatures. Perhaps a group that had been scared off by whatever the real threat that the man had referred to.

Or, perhaps simply just a smaller threat than what it actually was. The man’s worries were not taken with much merit by the people, and perhaps this was why.

No matter, as she had agreed to a contract. The werewolf threat that had driven the innkeeper to just an extraordinary request was going to be carried out, whether or not it were something that had been horribly overblown.

Looking at the group, it was clear that there were only a single alpha within them, and much like groups like this that she had seen before, once the king falls, it were not difficult to seize the pawns.

1286/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#8Astrid 

Astrid
The beasts all glared at them, thinking that they were easy prey. Their movements were uncoordinated, unaligned. If there were anything to be said of the sort of predators that she had encountered within Dahlia, at least some of them had the capability to move as one, to fight like a pack. But these, they were nothing more than a small group whom hoped to find greater success together than alone.

A terrible tragedy that their hopes would be crushed so significantly.

Before the first were even able to make a movement towards her, she had branded forth the golden rod, the tool that she had come to find such an enviable treat; a weapon of absolute carnage when in the proper hands, like that of her own. It took barely a moment before the power which radiated through the rod connected with the alpha, causing it to stop in its tracks, its mind struggling to process anything and everything, the barrage of power Magics unlike anything that it could ever explain bombarding it, leaving it nothing more than a once living body with a head that no longer possessed any sense of movement or thought.

After what felt like an eternity but merely lasted for only a few seconds, the body collapsed onto the ground, leaving a husk of blood and the already rotting body remaining.

1513/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

#9Astrid 

Astrid
And with that left only a small few, none of them strong enough on their own individual level to be able to confront the woman and her companion. Even together, they possessed a chance, albeit one that as much left their chance to survive and succeed at the mercy of a coin flip. Either way, it were odds that were not in their favor.

And having seen the impact of what the woman had done to their alpha, it was even more clear that their hopes were dashed, if not a foolhardy effort. Still, there were little hope that they would be able to simply walk away, despite whatever fear may have existed within their hearts at this point.

One charged, willing to put themselves on the line, but they were met with the cruel pain that once again emanated from the woman’s golden rod. It cried out in agony, falling to the ground, almost begging in whatever animalistic tongue it could for the sweet release of death which came not long afterwards.

A final gambit by the other, hoping to attack and maybe catch the woman off guard, but even then it was very little hope for success. It fell, much like how those who earlier had sought to strike at her, they met the very same fate, unable to do anything other than beg for mercy. Mercy did not show though.

All that came was the death and agony that awaited just it, the last one having taken its own life rather than be subjected to the suffering that was to come.

With the final cries of the one subjected to the torment of the mind, the contract had been answered and fulfilled, the woman almost feeling a moment of sadness and pity towards the creatures. They never had a chance. But whatever sorrow she felt for them was nothing when the thought of returning to the penthouse came back to her mind.

1838/1750 ( -30% | -20% Censer of Dragon's Blood, -10% Zera'thul)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum