Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lumikki 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:02 am

Lumikki

As Lumikki was scanning the quest board there was one that caught her eye. Seems some miners has interest in someone with the capabilities of scouting ahead. They met their limits in the cave in which they were working, hopping that someone could save them the time, man power, and set backs looking deeper in the mines in their stead.

Lumikki hadn't visited a cave since she was granted her sight, so she was excited to try her way exploring another. The element of stone was very dear to the Dwarves and therefore to her family. What was important to them was also then dear to her. She was eager to run her hands along the stone once more, letting its massive structure surround her again. She hopped she could take the moment to root herself into the earth and relate to her kin.

The Dwarves share the trait in which they loath their feet leaving the ground. They don't do well to part from where they come from. Understandably so if they lack the means to ride the winds. Her mother side of the family being raven demi-humans meant that they were blessed for as long as they could remember to hug the sky. Leaping from the ground was hardly even an after thought for them.

Yet to her more grounded kin, the would far prefer the depths and mysteries the earth provided them. The precious metals and gems just a bountiful harvest in their front yards. The feeling of something as solid and adamant as they were. The grit and dust just flowed and flourished in their veins.

She snatched the quest slip and ripped it off the board, eager to annoy her favorite Thunder god and skipping along the way as she searched for him.

#2Emil 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:45 pm

Emil
Emil and Indiana are walking toward the mines as they had gotten a strange request from the small daemon girl they had just helped the other day and he wonders if she is even able to properly mine as one she didn’t seem physically strong. Maybe it is a hidden talent that she has he was not sure but he knows that he himself will leave a mark if he was to hit the stones and break up the walls to make it easier for his team mate but he hates to do mining but he guesses that he will just have to do it as he was really the one in far better shape than her and he knows this might just end up with him doing all the grunt work and Lumikki just sitting back and watching while barking orders at him.

Emil wonders if he came to the wrong place as he doesn’t see the woman around anywhere which might just mean that she was in her crow form or maybe he went to the wrong place and was to be meeting with the client but he wasn’t paying attention so even if that was where he needed to be he would have zero idea to where to go so he would stay by the mines and wonder if she had gone inside of the mines to wait or if he once again came to early to the place he was to go to.

The exceed was looking around as if he himself was confused on if they were meeting her here, in the mines or if they had actually come to the wrong place and because he wasn’t with Emil when he got this told to him so he has to hope that Emil was going to actually come through for them.
(306)

#3Lumikki 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:01 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki showed up early to see if she could start she share of exploring. She wanted to be able to look around, even the areas of the path marked in her map. She prepared it last night after collecting information from the miners. They showed her their notes and gave her a map of the mine. The man in charge sat with her and explained the progress and process to her. He drew a line on the map as he did, showing where they began until where they left off.

Lumi didn't leave until she felt she had enough resources to take the quest on. It was one thing to take on the risk herself but she was also dragging Emil along. She couldn't afford to endanger him more than he already endangered himself. Besides, she thought as she looked over the head miner's notes one more time. He would be greatly out of his element here. She spent the rest of the day in the library pulling out more writings and information on the cave they were going to enter. It was very recently discovered and has shown there are a lot of resources to gather. Some articles indicated that the prospects hidden within the cave were even enough to draw in bandits and groups that were malicious enough to take resources or close of areas. Though the miners she talked over with today seem to be spared any experiences for the moment.

The goal was clear, help extend the path on the map to the point indicated by the head miner. And so Lumikki spent the night looking over the notes, plotting the better paths, and filling in some gaps from the random miner gossip she's heard.

She showed on to the mine an hour early in hopes to confirm her thoughts and suspicions. As well as the former mentioned notion of quelling her curiosity in peace with out a temperamental god rushing her. It almost felt like she was learning more about her kin than she ever thought so would taking on the studies of mining and caves. Perhaps, she thought to herself, it would benefit her to explore these things even more. She wondered what her Uncle would think of it, or if he even cared. The need to return to the earth didn't show on him.

By the time she was done investigating, it was fifteen minutes until the decided time to meet. She made her way over to see Emil already at the entrance. "Thanks for coming, ye ready for the adventure?" Lumikki said with a big grin. She didn't pack a lot since she saw in the dark, doesn't get cold, and could eat darkness for a snack. She did surprisingly have pants on, something she rarely would do as she felt restricted in them. She figured though with all the walking around it would be useful to spare her needless cuts and scratches.

All that were in her bag was the map, some water, the multitudes of notes for the quest, and pen to mark more down.

516|||814

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Img_0212

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#4Emil 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:42 pm

Emil
Emil looked at her and then just walked in as he wasn't going to wait for her to explain his lightning flashing off him in black and grey spirts. He walks through the crowd of people and the miners seem scared of him and Emil hits the marked walk with his fist making a crack and a spell fires off his arcane lightning into the wall making the cracked part of all open wide open exposing goodies for the miners to get and take that they were to be helping. Though Emil realized that there were at least two or three people that were in that crowd that were not miners but were trying to blend in with the others.

Indiana looks at the stuff. "Good work muscle head looks like you unearthed some really good grade stuff." Indiana was impressed that Emil was able to do that with such ease but he guessed it was because of his new found arcane powers that he was able to do it as it made his power be able to come out instead of his lightning just being grounded out. Emil kept walking deeper and he can feel eyes on him as he walked and it was not in the usual impressed way but if someone was waiting and watching for an opening that they can use.

He looked at Lumikki and he whispers to her. "Be on your guard bird brain" He was not sure if they would try to hurt her and he needed to make sure that he didn't waste time having to baby sit her as she was still a fledgling to him even if she was stronger now he still felt a need to have to protect her even if she didn't really like to be babied or closely watched. He keeps hitting the walls to help keep this on the miners timeline as they needed to reach their goal as well as get the goodies that were hidden in the walls and Emil was willing to help them get there but he also needed to make sure the guild's current mascot made it to the end of the mission and that he was not the next one on the chopping block and he loves the woman to death but she was a bit spacy most times as she gets caught up in her self and doesn't pay attention.

A figure moves in the crowd, this person was moving toward the daemon woman. He was figuring that she was the easier target and takes aim to throw a knife at her as his boss needed the miners to fail to meet the time limit and get the deal at a better rate for them self and this was the way to do it as the contract said no excuses this timeline was for this sum of money. Their boss was good at getting cheap labor by making teams sign this contract and not let them out of it as he was a business man and he was not going to lose and let these miners get rich.
(524) (830)

#5Lumikki 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:17 pm

Lumikki

With Lumikki's extremally sharp eyes, she took notice of a suspicious man making his way toward her. Cutting through the crowd subtling but with a knife tightly gripped in his palm. She didn't entertain him, or give way any tells that she noticed him. She simply waited for what his next move would be. "Thanks Emil." She would say that as the man drew his arm to toss his blade. It tore through the air with the aim to stab her side, but Lumikki could see the lines of just where it would land with her eye.

She step back ever so slight as the blade whizzed passed her, a perfect distance to be close but not even grazed. She tapped her foot on the floor, the attacker still amazed at his luck missed such an easy shot and didn't realize Lumikki pulled away the last moment, was soon impale by a black spike of ice. It dug its way through his foot and knee, causing the man to recoil in pain. But the awkward angle it pierced him, didn't afford the comfort to fall down either. It forced him to stay standing in place instead. The other miners unaware of what was happening, looked over at the man. They were going to begin circling him to investigate when Lumikki waved her hand in the air as a small black ice dagger of her own formed in the air beside her, pointing at the man sent it in his direction. It hurled through the air hitting the side he had previously aimed for. The black dagger zipped past everyone besides her target, the miners could only see so well with the limited light.

Finally Lumikki would look over at him directly, her voice was cold and lacked all emotion. Dark swirls of her magic formed around him, threatening to pierce him further. She walked over slowly and purposefully until she stood before him. Lookin at him right in the eye. Even her gaze and glare sent shivers down his spine. He was already moaning and agonizing over the pain. He could hardly deal with her further of focus on what more she would do.

"Don't really got much to ask ye mate. Heard of ya folk already, and was well warned this could happen. Don't even want ta hear yer excuses either. So do me the favor and stand there till the ice's melted I guess." She lots over to the other miners now, voice back to normal. "I'd prefer ye let him stand there for a bit as he thinks things over. Of course anyone who tries to help the traitor I could only assume is a friend. Help him in anyway and you'll get the same if not worse." She smiled as she spoke and had the tone as if she was reasoning with a child. The miners seeing her work and demeanor began to turn from her quickly an entirely. They knew what the man was there for, so he wasn't one of theirs, but they didn't feel comfortable being around the girl after what they saw. Afraid to drag her sights on them, they all shuffled away and returned to work as if nothing happened. All the while the man she pierced moaned and screamed for one of his own to help him. Lumikki had half a mind to fill his lungs in ice and be done of it. She couldn't stand the annoying screams. But Emil was here and it stopped her. She didn't want to appear like a monster before him and she quelled the strike. Proving she was not as naïve and ditzy as he would prefer to believe. Though she would never stop enjoying his protection, she found it endearing. She just wasn't a fan of being made to seem clueless.

She walked over to the next wall and placed her hand no the surface. Feeling the cold stone under her hand and sensing for the things she felt her kin would until she found it. When she did, she marked it with her mind, stepping back to give her magic room to work. A large back arrow formed as she was walking back, when she finally stopped and turned around, it hissed through the air hitting it's mark and shattering the wall. She looked over to Emil before walking forward. "We should get this done aye so we could get a meal and drink in before this day ends." She walked over toward the next location still fully on guard.

759|||1573

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#6Emil 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:57 am

Emil
Emil heard her talk about a meal and drink but he wonders if he should really got for a meal and drink with her as he is sure that that might look wrong and give some people the wrong idea about how close that they are actually. Emil is also unsure about pinning the poor guy and then threatening the miners they were here to help as he knows the last time he did that Yuurei beat the shit out of him and stole his blood rune from him. Emil keeps working on breaking up the walls so the miners will have an easier time trying to get to the goods that were inside the walls as well.

A magic circle appeared under the pinned man and he screamed out in pain as he was killed so that no other info could come from him and the others working in the group stay with their heads low as they don’t want to risk getting this woman to kill them but they still needed to cause a scene some how and de rail the things that were happening here, so they moved to a different plan and one saw the child that made money for his family by bringing miners food and drink and casted a poison spell on the drinks thinking that will help to slow down the miners a bit and the miners brought and drank the poisoned drinks and they started to become ill.

Indiana notices this and he hurries over to them with his head light on and he looks at them and he can tell that they were poisoned and he reached into his bag and pulled out a few nuts that they can eat and they should feel better soon and said they need to be careful as something poisonous was around here and Indiana noticed they had both had drinks from the boy and Indiana walked over and smelled the drinks and he could smell it on the drinks so his attention turned to the boy. Indiana wondered if he was in on it or if he was just a pawn in their game but he tells the boy that he has to go as his goods are contaminated so he would only be hurting the miners by staying here and giving out more.

The boy looked completely devastated by this as he now felt like he was the cause of harm in the mines. Emil looked at the boy and he speaks up. "Come here kid for your trouble and lost wages." the boy walked over and Emil dropped a pouch with jewels in it in his tip basket. "Just make sure you get rid of the goods in a smart place so someone else doesn’t get hurt." the boy looked up at him and smiles and then he hurried off to get rid of the dangerous food and drinks he had.

The man that had set the poison up was pissed at seeing this why were they really ready for nearly anything and why didn’t they fire the boy for poisoning the miners. This made no sense to him as firing the boy seemed like the smartest move there not acting as if they were not the cause of the problem this made no sense but he keeps to his work so that he doesn’t stand out to them at all as he looked just like the rest of the people that were here hard at work so he hoped that he will not be caught for his action there.

Emil looked at Lumikki and he smirks. "Where do you want to go for this meal and drink?" He opened up a new vein of gems for the miners and he wonders how much more they needed before they were done here and could head out but he has to wonder if they might try to assassinate him and Lumikki after this mission was over and done with.
(666) (1,496)

#7Lumikki 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:34 pm

Lumikki

Lumikki laughed off his comment, opting not to entertain the idea. "I was keen enough to pack any water if ye need some, as for a meal, well the darkness does fine." True to her notion she grabbed herself a handful before stuffing it in her mouth. All the annoyances thus far were making her hungry.

She knew there would be complications to this job, but now more than ever she can see why no one had any desire to take it. She kept looking over the miners as she made her way to the next task. She wanted to explore the ground some more, look over the ores, marvel at the caves. Instead she is met with petty men hungry for coin.

She suppose it was to be expected. She should of know better that things would not be as she intended. At his point this quest felt like it dragged on too long. As if she's been here, in a stasis that kept her from doing other things. Other things that were more worth her time. Yet who really is the one to know. Nothing was panning out as is.

Lumi took in another handful of her meal before getting back into work. Tracing along the walls with her eyes for weak points and when she was sure she found them, she'd will massive stalagmites of dark frost to pierce the point and break the tension. The walls would crumble before her, but breaking in a more controlled way. The further in they went, the less Lumi wanted to be with the destruction of the walls.

As she work her way through the stone along side Emil. Tearing away wall after wall carefully. The miners that were around them became more and more scarce. Most had to stick to the areas they were assigned. Tending to the materials gathers and cleaning out the wall rubble.

Only three men had been assigned to move on further. Tasked with reporting on the progress and assisting the task. As Lumi and Emil kept focused working, it became more and more easy to over look their presence. The guards never fell, but it wasn't a forefront in the mind.

One of the three men stuck by her as she traced the walls. Chiming in his suggestions on how she could work even more faster and efficiently. Spouting nonsense that she already knew and didn't care to hear. Over and over again. At first Lumi had the sense to ignore him, not really caring for what he had to say. Yet the more she worked and tried to zone him out, the more he would insist on her attention. He was calm as he spoke at first, albeit annoying in tone. Though his nitpicks would pile up more and more. His suggestions would sound more and more like demands as they went on. The insistent naggin was throwing off Lumi as she was trying to remain civil. There were only so many people she wanted to impale in the day.

But now it was becoming too much. He would grab her hand as she worked to force her attention, soon after yanking back his hand as it froze over with black ice. Lumi's patience was gone, and in her anger many stalagmites formed, breaking the ground.

Lumi fell through the chasm alone, the path behind her only caved in further. The man and those with Emil were still fine. It was only a matter of finding the Daemon girl below.

588|||2161

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
Pokedex Entry
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘
#8Emil 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:38 pm

Emil
Emil seeing that she was being hassled went to walk toward her so that he could pull her away from the situation, when before he could reach her she snapped and went down into the chasm of her own making. Emil sighed and then he jumped down while charging his fist to break his way into find her. "Lumikki! Please come back this isn't funny." He finds his way into where she was as the miners above kept working as they were fine to go. Emil swaps his magic back to lightning and he makes a ball of lightning in his palm so that it gave off light so he could try and find her. Emil tries to think what he could say to try and get a reaction from the woman. He was not sure what she was really going to answer to as he was still not really close to her so he thought to use the only line that he could think of to use. "Lumikki if you come out I promise I will take you on a date~"

Emil has no idea if this will work or if she will just ignore him or not take him up on the offer. Emil keeps walking as his voice had echoed off the walls of the area that he had found himself in as he was hoping Indiana will make sure the miners keep to their task and don't end up with the bulk of the issues that they have had today making them fail in getting the job done but he knows that he has to make this count and make sure that the woman he came with gets to leave with them as well and is not left down here. He moves the ball of lightning magic around so he could see his way around to see if he can find the woman in this are but he is unsure if he would be able to.

Indiana is keeping the miners in line and making sure that they are keeping to task and he is cursing Emil under his breath for taking off on him to go and chase after the woman who had thrown the fit and drug herself to the underground for some reason. Indiana was making sure that he was inspecting the work and the stuff they were getting and he tests it as well and it is all turning out well but he is still worried that Emil and Lumikki might be hurt or something but he knows that he has to keep helping the miners so that the request gets finished. Indiana plans to go down and look for her if they were not back yet but he also knows that he might not be able to find them and he might get lost himself. Indiana was going to be willing to be lost for a bit if he had a chance to help them and see if they can leave this all together.
(507) (2,003)

#9Lumikki 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:27 am

Lumikki

The chasm came as a shock, but so did the fall. She fell down before she could even react. The hole in which she dropped down was also too narrow for her wings, as she brought them out the only dragged and tore along the walls. She tried to harden them despite the incurring damage and did help in slowing the decent. Her wings were more like claws than wings as they tore through the stone that tore them. But it was the rubble that fell along with her that posed a problem.

As she slowed her fall to give herself time to this, rocks from above still fell. A massive one struck her head and forced her to knock out. Her wings fading as her fall quickened again. The stone now cutting in her arms and legs until she was finally free of the shaft and falling to the floor. Her leg breaking in the impact, but Lumi was already knocked out from the previous injury. So she didn't feel the further pain as she laid on the floor helpless.

She laid on the floor for sometime before coming too. The pain in her head waking her from the degree it hurt. As she tried to sit up and stand up, she soon found her leg hurt greatly too. She iced the parts that hurt, trying to alleviate the swelling and bleeding to a decent degree. She was hardly in any shape to move but she couldn't stay here.

Lumi shifted to a raven to help take the weight off and at least she could still try to fly. Though even that was a struggle. She could barely make out an echo of Emil in the distance, seems he came after her. She was glad to not be alone. Not like this.

"Emil please. I'm here!" Lumi tried to answer his call. Hopping that he could hear her. She shifted back to a woman and tended to the pain as she waited for him to find her.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
...............exit...............
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

339|||2500

#10Emil 

Frigid terrors down below (What's Mine is Mine) Empty Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:30 pm

Emil
Emil hears the woman's weakened voice and he heads that way the ball of lighting moving ahead of him as he ran toward where she was and he when he sees her and he is very gentle with her as he sets her down and then he breaks a board that was near by to make a splint for her leg. He gently puts his hand under her chin and has her look him in the eyes. "No matter what you are about to feel just keep looking in my eyes and still okay? It is okay I am here for you and I will get you out, just tell me what all on you is besides your leg." He tears his shirt to a few pieces then he puts the board pieces along her leg and he sets her broken leg and then he gets the splint on it. He then gently lifts her into his arms, making sure to take very good care of her as he was not looking to cause her many more pain.

When he gets to the opening to the way back up he smiles down at her again. "Make sure to hold on tight to me." He clicked his heels and two wheels of lightning appeared one on each ankle area and he flew up with her gently to start so he didn't risk harming her and once they got going he sped up a bit more getting her back to the level with the miners and Indiana who were still hard at work for the request and he is glad that nothing went wrong while he was way. Once the team had finished he takes Lumikki to go get checked out and properly healed by those that know how to do it right he just hoped that the splint that he out on her was holding well enough.
(320) (2,323/1750) 30% wc (Gauntlet, companion) (Exit)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum