Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Echoes of the Mine - Private Quest

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Alaric Holloway 

Echoes of the Mine - Private Quest  Empty Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:18 am

Alaric Holloway
The eerie echoes of Alaric's footsteps resonated through the desolate corridors of Dawncliff Mine. The dim light from his lantern cast twisted shadows on the cavern walls, setting the stage for a story draped in darkness. He wasn't just here for riches; he was here to impose his will on the very soul of the mine. The mission seemed straightforward: exploit the mine's depths, unveil its secrets, and lay claim to untold treasures. Rival factions had sent their adventurers, each eyeing the mine's bounties for their own gain. Alaric, with a face eternally set in a scowl, embodied the ruthless opportunist, ready to dance with the shadows.

The D-Rank quest promised Jewel rewards, but the mine's depths held more sinister bonuses for those willing to embrace the darkness within.

Alaric navigated the winding tunnels using his strong sense of smell to intentionally choose paths that led him away from those other adventurers and into the heart of treacherous terrain. The mine seemed to whisper secrets to him, guiding him towards a secluded cave, its entrance hidden by the warping shadows on the walls.

189 Word Count

#2Alaric Holloway 

Echoes of the Mine - Private Quest  Empty Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:07 am

Alaric Holloway
In the heart of the cave, a group of other explorers met Alaric in a tight chamber. Alaric had entered alone while there were at least six of them before him. Only two looked like they had any sort of fight in them, the others looked as if they were a part of a miners guild or something. His nose had been guiding him away from most of the other groups but it seemed as if this tunnel was the only way forward. “Tsk.” Alaric mumbled to himself as he continued his approach down the corridor. The other group had not noticed his arrival yet, as far as he could tell. While he could not visually see them, they made enough noise that he knew they were only a turn or two away.

His free hand flicked his thumb against his other fingers, debating what to do. He was here to find some ores and maybe some gemstones to sell to the traders that had set up shop outside the mine’s entrance. So far, he had only found a few worthless stones and plenty of rats. They said that certain chambers of the mine opened up to dens of monsters, but so far he had not had such encounters.

As he was lost in his thoughts, the other group seemed to be moving. Moving towards him. He did not have long to decide his course of action. Knowing that he was wasting his time walking around in the dark like this, Alaric opted to take a risk.

Total Word Count: 449

#3Alaric Holloway 

Echoes of the Mine - Private Quest  Empty Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:30 am

Alaric Holloway
Quickly and quietly, Alaric blew out his lantern’s light and slid into a small crevice along the path. As the other party turned the corner and walked past the hidden wolf, the young boy stomped his foot on the ground. Instantly, the cavern filled with a bright red light as his magic circle appeared directly beneath a chunk of the explorer party. “What-what’s this?” BOOM! The cavern shook and echoed with the sound of the explosion. The force was not enough to cause the walls to cave in or anything but it did leave the explorers covered in a thick cloud of dirt and some notable wounds. A smirk crossed his face. Alaric used the opportunity to make his move. Magic circles appeared beneath his feet and he launched himself forward from his hidden hole. As he darted through the group, he grabbed the large sack that had fallen to the ground.

As the momentum from his dash ended, Alaric would spin backward, releasing the sack and clasping his hands together. “See ya, suckers.”. A magic circle appeared once again and the space filled with a haunting red light. “Who are you? What the fuck are you doing? We didn’t do…” His voice was cut off as a series of explosions filled the space they occupied. As the explosions popped off one after another, the ceiling of the cavern gave a small groan. “Jeez, I guess I need to book it.” Alaric grabbed his spoils and ran as fast as he could away from the scene, not even looking back to see the fate of the party.

As the explosions subsided, the sound of falling rocks and squished screams could be heard. Most of the cavern had caved in and that route was now blocked by a thick pile of rubble. Even if they survived, it would be a while before they dug themselves out. He’d be long out of the cave by then. Using his nose and the little light from his lantern, he made his way out of the cave and towards the small pop-up market to sell whatever riches were found within the sack. He wasn’t aware of it but that group had mined several ores down in the cavern and were bringing back some that they thought held rare minerals. They were right. He was about to make a pretty penny from this little excursion.

Post Word Count: 411
Total Word Count: 860

Spells Used:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum