Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Graverobbing in the mines - Private Quest

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Alaric Holloway 

Graverobbing in the mines - Private Quest Empty Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:06 am

Alaric Holloway

Alaric's boots echoed through the caverns of Dawncliff Mine, drawing him back like an old friend. It wasn't just the Jewel rewards that pulled him in but the mysteries still waiting to be unraveled. Each step echoed the memories of his last journey, a conquest that left the mine's guardian in the shadows. Following the familiar route, Alaric reached the spot where his previous explosion had blocked a passage. His Bomb Magic did its work again, revealing a corridor frozen in time. The light from his lantern revealed more than just a cleared path—it uncovered a solemn scene. The fallen adventurers, once rivals, lay lifeless. Well, at least three of the five. It looked like two of them had limbs stuck during the cave-in. Did the other two leave these three behind? Alaric’s nose crinkled as he sniffed the stale air. They were rotting, just further away from here. The flickering light cast eerie shadows, and Alaric's emotions were a mix of indifference and curiosity. But among the tragedy, he saw an opportunity. Their abandoned gear promised more than just memories—it whispered of hidden treasures.

Kneeling beside the fallen, Alaric sifted through the remnants of lives cut short. The focus was on tangible rewards, the spoils of a second chance. The echoes of his movements mixed with the haunting silence. Gathering the spoils, Alaric felt the mine held more secrets. The fallen adventurers, unintentional guides, had paved the way for his return. Retreating from the chamber, Alaric felt the shadows closing in. Voices could be heard, not too near but not far away enough that he could relax. If another group found these bodies stripped of their gear and saw him leaving this direction with a sack of armor and weapons, well it wouldn’t take long for them to connect the dots. “Okay, I’ve got to get out of here before others come this way.” His cave-in before had kept the group blocked off from the rest of the mines, now he opened the path it was only a matter of time before the bodies were discovered. He stood up and gave a big huff as he pulled the sack over his shoulders.

Post Word Count: 366

#2Alaric Holloway 

Graverobbing in the mines - Private Quest Empty Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:15 am

Alaric Holloway

The journey back through the tunnels was surreal. The echoes harmonized with the ghosts of those before him. The mine and him now held a secret with each other. One that he hoped would not come to light anytime soon. While Paradise Dawn didn’t care if they did some dirty deeds, killing for the sack of a few jewels might not be the best look for a new member like him. Emerging into the fresh air, Alaric faced the open expanse. The fallen adventurers became a memory etched in his journey.

Alaric made his way to a stall that seemed to have the least amount of customers. He haggled with the owner a bit to get the best deal he could. Some of the equipment had been damaged in the cave in while other pieces were plain just trash. The group of five must have been in a similar economic position as he was. Too bad for him. “Alright, I’ll settle for that offer.” He grunted and traded the man the wares for enough Jewels to get him some basic items and pay his monthly dues to the guild.

Approaching the guild's entrance, Alaric cast a lingering glance back at the distant mountains. He had walked a bit of way through the mountains to place some distance between him and those mines. Even if he could not see them, something in that direction called out to him. One day, he would have to face the crimes he committed head-on, today was not that day though. Alaric pushed his body to get to the lounge, there he knew the perfect sofa to crash on for a while.

Post Word Count: 278
Thread Word Count: 644

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum