Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:29 pm

Ryuko

Luluhawa Island, a island teeming with life, overall it was a place perfect for these who sought to socialize and relax. In all honesty she almost felt the same desire to do so, memories of the distant past resurfacing when she first came here, still blissfully innocent and unaware of the trials that would await her. But these days were over. She was now here in search for a rumor. Stories said of an impressive Rune Knight having been on vacation here. At first she thought it might had been the famous General but the rumors described the knight as a giant of a man, and she had no idea about Kon's size, but this person seemed... bigger?

Her tail lashing lightly behind her as it lightly kicked up the sand behind her, the dragon girl's gaze scanned the beach for anyone who might match the same description that the rumors gave the knight.

A giant, a giant... Not that she really had much info to go off right now... Letting out a soft huff, the dragon girl continued to scan her surroundings, wondering if there was anyone around who might had fit the bill. If only the rumors were a bit more detailed...

#2Saturn 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:36 am

Saturn
Being stationed here would definitely be interesting in the long term, it was peaceful and easy to fall out of line of what a rune knight would be. Getting sent here on vacation was one thing and another was getting sent here like you had to be on duty. He was grateful that he hadn’t been assigned here. Knowing that much of the world still needed protection but he was also glad to get time off. The rune knight adjusted slightly in the sand, he had been reading a book for the most part; trying to learn a new language was difficult especially through a book that seemed to be old.

His golden fur shone from the sun beating down and he seemed to practically be sunbathing where he was sitting. To most seeing someone sit down and be about half their height was normal. But what happened when someone was sitting and was still taller than some people even sitting down?

He could hear someone running about but he paid it no heed; there were many children around these parts and adults fully in love playfully enjoying their time with one another. He could understand both and was grateful that they mostly left others alone. A few disputes here or there but nothing that required the rune knight to step in. He’d mumble softly to himself; trying to ease the words out.

Sinnese and Joyan are so different… one feels easier than the other tch…

Befuddled the demi-god scratched his head slowly. He’d get it right eventually yeah?

#3Ryuko 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:46 am

Ryuko

How curious: A Rune Knight reading a book on a beach full of lovelorn couples. Sounded like the start of a joke. Ryuko's gaze lingered on the seated knight nearby as she overheard his words, barely louder than a whisper.

"Of course they are!" Ryuko exclaimed proudly as she approached the knight. "The Joyan language has its roots in Sinnese after all. However, let that not fool you for despite the fact both use a similar alphabet in Kanji, the meaning behind them is entirely different from Sinnese to Joyan. And that isn't even getting me started on the concept of Hiragana and Katakana."

Only realizing a moment afterwards she had gone into her nerd mode the young dragon lady brought a hand to her mouth, fist balled up lightly as she coughed softly. "Ahem, what I mean to say is... You seem quite relaxed ser knight~ A bit too relaxed really if you're taking the time to read a guide on languages at a time like this.

A light tilt of her head followed. "Hmm haven't I seen you before?" A hand raised to her cheek she seemingly started to ponder about the notion. "Then again I only been here once, and that was back when I fell down the sky in a most inglorious fashion..." Her tail swished lightly behind her as she looked at the knight.

#4Saturn 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:56 am

Saturn
Saturn turned another page; the information that presented itself was a mix of languages, pictures and a few instances of comparisons between them. Fiorian was able to explain some things but he felt like it was missing important context clues from the other languages. Learning it this way bothered him in a sense since he was able to quickly learn it from speaking with others. His ears perked and swiveled as someone spoke; likely directly to him. His head would tilt and he’d look to the approaching… Demi-human? He had never seen their like before and couldn’t help for a moment but stare to absorb the information present. Their words didn’t go unheard either.

Then you’re largely familiar with the two languages. I’m still trying to learn the basics since I plan on excessive travel to both.

Saturn would snap the book shut and wave his hand, it vanished into thin air. A trick of the light perhaps? Or was there a little pocket of stuff that he kept to himself? Likely the latter thanks to a certain halberds ability. Though it seemed less useful than other abilities you could have on a spear it made carrying around stuff really easy.

Why wouldn’t I be relaxed here?

Saturn quizzically tilted his head to one side, his tail swishing through the sand behind him. It was clear he was full of life and energy. Then came the ultimate question of whether or not they had seen one another. He’d ponder for a moment and figure that… if they had ever seen one another it definitely wouldn’t be here. He’d of remembered her. Maybe in central?

I can’t say I remember seeing someone like you. At least not here. Have you been to central in the last couple months?

Saturn would slowly help himself to his feet, one foot. Then two. Then it was very apparent just how big he was. It was his natural stature and there wasn’t any magic that was helping his size be this way; though it was also apparent he was packed with the stuff.

My name’s saturn. What’s yours?

#5Ryuko 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 am

Ryuko

The dragon girl nodded her head firmly in response to Saturn's statement. Indeed, thanks to her father she had grown quite familiar with both Sinese and Joyan while growing up. "It is to be expected, after all my father is part of their Pantheons. That and the history of mortals did fascinate me when I was little." She nodded her head firmly as she soon continued. "Although both have their appeals I find myself more drawn to the folklore and traditions of the Joyan people."

Yet when asked about why he wouldn't be relaxing at a place like this she pondered for a moment. "Well, aren't you a knight? What happened to patrolling and keeping the peace?" The grinned briefly at the jest after which her earlier question was answered at last. "Hmm I don't believe I have been to Central Fiore before. But that person's name was Skald, and they were a few heads smaller than you if I recall right."

She went silent for a moment after watching the giant conceal his book in some sort of pocket dimension, after which she decided to introduce herself. "Ryuko is what the people of Earthland call me." Her tail swished lightly behind her, lightly kicking up some of the sand in her wake as she continued. "Nice to meet ya Saturn, although I can't help but wonder if you're the knight the rumors were talking about."

#6Saturn 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 pm

Saturn
Her father was a part of a pantheon? Saturn pondered this information for a moment and realized that maybe he was talking to someone that was a demi-god of sorts? The wings and tail and general appearance made sense to him and the… calling people ‘mortals’ seemed to make that ironclad. Her favoring joyan traditions and folklore made him wonder if they had more demi-god related things he could look into?

Suppose that answers another question I had. I’m fascinated by most cultures in the world, there are some that confuse me outright though.

One of his ears flicked as she asked if he was a knight; he’d nod his head after a moment. What happened to patrolling and keeping the peace? He’d rub his neck after a moment and gave a small shrug.

I can’t imagine every knight always patrolling and doing what they’ve been sworn to do. After all they need rest too. Well. Most of them do.

The grin that followed her ‘question’ made him realize that she was teasing him in a fashion. Hearing that she had met someone named skald and that she hadn’t been to central fiore before meant that the two of them had not met but perhaps they had met another demi-god or a demi-human?

Can’t say I’m familiar with this skald individual either. Suppose we haven’t seen one another either.

So her name was Ryuko; or rather that’s what people called her. He’d give her a small nod of his head as she returned the sentiment of it being nice to meet one another. Then there was a pause and he’d tilt his head to one side.

It’s nice to meet you too Ryuko. And rumours? What kind of rumours?

He was curious what rumours and what she was getting at; he was also very curious about ryuko in general as he hadn’t met another demi-god or demi…dragon? Before? He couldn’t help but wonder what she wanted of him too.

#7Ryuko 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:08 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko paused for a moment, trying to think of the rumors she had heard before. "Well, the rumors describe a very tall, almost giant-like member of the Rune Knights who they believe to be very, very strong. However, since he is usually too kind to display any form of aggression or violence they aren't certain whether there is truth to that or not."

The dragon girl sighed in frustration for a moment. "Which brings me to my reason for seeking you out. Although I understand that you are a member of the Fiorian branch of the Rune Knights, and that the following is by definition not really one of your concerns, a friend of mine is currently in dire need of help."

She paused as her smile faded for a more stern and serious expression. "Within Caelum a dangerous ancient dragon was partly resurrected by a vile cult, and this dragon is currently gathering his strength in preparations of laying siege on the isles. If left unattended they will cause immense destruction and so many lives will be lost. It is for that reason my friend started searching for people he calls: Champions of Earthland, people who are strong enough and willing to help save these who wouldn't be able to be saved without their help."

She smiled briefly at him as she added the last part with a bit of cheer in her voice. "And that is pretty much why I came here, to see if there was truth to these rumors I heard about you~"

#8Saturn 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:10 pm

Saturn
Rumours about his size didn’t surprise him, rumours that he was very strong however was something that he wasn’t so sure about. He’d rub at his neck; thinking that through. He knew that there were plenty of novices that he had surpassed in a short time. Hell he had made captain without much trouble. Was that of his own merit? Or the lack of others to give it to? He wasn’t sure. The idea that he wasn’t willing to display any form of aggression was accurate; there was only a few instances of him having to be aggressive and they sat and twisted deep in his chest.

I suppose it only makes sense, I’m taller than most full grown men. By a few heads. As for the strength… I don’t know. I can’t really say. I know i have strong music but other than that I couldn’t tell you Ryuko.

Saturn managed to give a somewhat relaxed shrug; he looked rather apologetic as though he knew that likely wasn’t the information she was looking to hear. The information of why she was here looking for him was that she was looking for help for a friend. He’d place hands hands at his side; listening quietly as she explained further that caelum had a dangerous ancient dragon that was resurrected by a cult. A form of necromancy? His thoughts flicked to averie and he’d ponder further.

That’s a serious event to be sure, a lot of people seem to be making their moves lately in one way or another.

Then came her leading up to that she had come to see if the rumours about him were true; which explained why she locked onto him so quickly compared to all the folks around him. He didn’t think himself a champion of earthland. Not yet at least.

I’m not sure if the rumours are true or do me justice, or I them. I generally don’t.. Worry about rumours all too much.

He’d adjust his posture a bit; wondering if maybe the rune knights were responsible for that? Hard to tell. She seemed to think that he could potentially have this strength if her smile was anything to go by.

so… you came all this way to ask me for help then?

#9Ryuko 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Ryuko

Ryuko had to admit the rumors about his size were quite correct. Standing at over two meters in height the dragon girl was fairly tall for human standards, and to see that Saturn still towered above her made it clear his body had some form of blessing that came with it. Perhaps he was one of these few who possessed the blood of a god or titan in their lineage? She recalled her father talking about such beings before: Demigods they called them.

She brought a hand to her cheek, tapping one of her scales lightly as she pondered about the other matter. She wasn't entirely certain whether the strength part was correct or not. Certainly, the rumors suggested Saturn was a powerful individual in his own right, but that didn't change the fact that many would see his pacifistic approach to conflict as a sign of weakness. The lack of willingness to take action when words weren't sufficient enough was a worrying mindset, and one that Ryuko was willing to remark about. "It is important to keep in mind that strength isn't always meant to be a bad thing Saturn. The wisdom to use violence for the sake of protecting the innocent is just as important as the skill of using words to deter a would-be aggressor." Her tail swishes lightly behind her, a frown lingering. "Rather, the act of not doing anything when one has the strength to make a difference, now that is simply wrong..."

Ryuko nodded her head somberly. "The cult seemingly intended to revive the ancient dragon in the hope of using him as a catalyst for their revenge upon the country. You see, they carry quite a grudge toward Caelum for having executed their previous leader, an infamous necromancer who used his powers to inflict an immense amount of misery and grief upon the innocent. But in the end the dragon turned against them and the remnants of the cult were slain in the massacre.

"That was my first reason for coming here aye. I came to Luluhawa to confirm the rumors, but now that we met there is another motive for me to be interacting with you like this."

She gestured with a finger toward her nose and smirked at the words that followed. "You have the scent of a dragon lingering about you, which suggests you were taught or infused with a Lacrima. Even if you were to lack the confidence to control that power, surely even a kind soul like yourself would be aware of the consequences inaction would cause? Is that really what you wish to do Saturn? Staying back blaming your desire to avoid hurting anyone as a reason for seeing so many innocent lives being lost, when the very same power flowing through your veins could save so many lives?"

She gently lowered a hand toward the seated Demigod. "If you grown tired of fleeing from your own strength, then take my hand: I can teach you how to wield your power for a noble cause: for there is no cause more noble than to protect these who can't defend themselves."

She paused for a moment, a grin appearing on her lips. "At least I read that in a comic once~"

#10Saturn 

I'll make a man out of you [Saturn] Empty Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:12 am

Saturn
Saturn had yet to meet someone that was the same size as him or bigger, he knew that there were likely folks out there that were. But for the most part he had been dealing with folks that he had to look down to talk to. It was a strange sensation for some; for others less so. He didn’t really know his proper lineage. Never properly met his father or mother but he had a tugging that told him that the latter was far away. Beyond explanation.

He’d cock his head to the side as ryuko spoke about strength; what using it with words was meant for. He was afraid of this sort of interaction from others honestly. There was strength to be found in simply talking manners out; the few times he had to rely on his strength he always felt… odd afterwards. Something that made him nervous; uncomfortable. He didn’t like pain and didn’t like causing it either.

There have been instances of having to… use that strength. I’m not a fan of causing pain or hurting others. It feels wrong.

His brows furrowed and his smile lessened slightly as the other continued; speaking about the dragon that they were trying to use against caelum. They were mad about their prior leader being executed by the country. Now there was a dragon running around unattended and there wasn’t much anyone could do about that now could they?

I suppose that makes sense and… another motive?

Saturn looked somewhat surprised as Ryuko tapped her nose; the scent of a dragon? He looked down at his hands. He had never run into a dragon and he didn’t feel like he had anything foreign in his body. Maybe this was a natural instance of dragonslayer music choosing its wielder. Her explanation was certainly correct and there was some semblance of truth there. He didn’t want others to suffer either but he just felt… wrong in taking only that path. He’d hesitate seeing that hand and that offer; trying to think through the reasons he had for his current lifestyle of choices. He enjoyed his gentle approach and the only few times that he had to resort to violence were… well a little extreme he felt.

. . .

There was a few long moments as he stared at that hand; there was a deep seated understanding that his pacifistic approach was the correct one but something deeper growled within him. Past all the magic infused bones and past that core there was a stirring of a deeper sense. That of an intense desire to enact justice that was found not only in his life but the one before. The deeper sense of justice went beyond just him; it encircled his entire being and was what he was taught from the rune knights. His hands reached out; hesitated again and took the one offered to him by ryuko.

I don’t want other people to be hurt. And comic? whats a comic?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum