Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storms End [Jikan]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Skald
It was never a good sign to take off in stormy weather, but what was skald to do when the inexperienced crew that he had hired to take him to fiore swore up and down that they’d be fine? He’d have to trust them and the lack of common sense they had. Personally he would have just landed quietly and waited for it to pass over. But they were in mind to spend the money he had parted with for safe passage to the great country of what he considered ‘better opportunity’.

He sorely wished he had put his foot down a little bit more when the first wing of the airship they had snapped clean off from a gale that they weren’t even sure was natural. It tore them from the sky; a fierce fire on the deck following suit. Panic from the crew was all over the ship, from deep within to the very cabins that their passengers resided in. Skald himself? He made his way up to the deck; pushing past babbling fools and crying buffoons. Practically walking horizontal with the way the ship was listing. He wasn’t skilled in the way ships worked but he damn well knew that they were falling from the sky.

The door that was supposed to keep the outside world and the inside of the ship was frankly gone and coming up to the deck proper he was gifted with quite the sight. The ‘mast’ of the ship was gone, a hole where it was supposed to be. The ship drunkenly listing through the air in a somewhat controlled nosedive. The captain was at the helm barking orders in what amounted to a hysterical voice. Skald gritted his teeth and gripped the railing nearest the door, dragging himself closer to the man. It was dead near the middle of the night and they were falling fast.

Captain! You have to even the ship out if we’re to survive!

Skald bellowed out through the roaring winds and awful rain that started to pelt the ship. He could hear the babbling of the people below decks and growled as he heard the captain trying to sputter something out. Gritting his teeth again the demi-human continued up to where the driving compartment was. The door to that was gone too, a good chunk of it’s roof and some claw marks were easily seen. His eyes furrowed and he’d glance around. Had they been attacked?

Captain??

The fox demi human stepped into the driving compartment; the lack of personal and the fact that whatever the captain was… was just a smear across the inside of the deck. If someone didn’t take control of the situation the entire ship would likely crash into the ground killing everyone. Snarling in irritation he’d go over to the controls, trying to wrestle with it. He had no experience to speak of but he was pretty sure he had to adjust the damn thing to one side… Which side was the right one though? He was still trying to figure that out when he heard a great groaning of the ship and the screeching of metal twisted and eventually breaking.

This storm isn’t natural…

Skald muttered a bit, still wrestling with the controls that he didn’t really understand. He figured that if he could at least level it out a bit they’d stand a chance. But by the time he managed to adjust it to a more favorable angle the water was already rapidly rushing up to meet the doomed ship. He’d maybe get a few seconds before cursing.

Should have hired a regular damn boat…

The next thing he knew the ship crashed heavily into the water, sending him up and over the control console and through the glass of the driver compartment. He could feel the glass tearing into him and he nearly black out as the ship crashed in right with him. The water didn’t smack him quite as hard thanks to that but he still felt like something was knocked silly. The roaring in his ears and the air in his lungs threatening to twist his life from his grasp. A good chunk of the ship was already going down in the water while the other half was trying to float. He was a good thirty or forty feet away from the thing. Dazed and looking around, there was the flapping of wings and something flew overhead. A roar followed suit and he’d watch something with bat wings flap off into the cloud covers.

He wasn’t much of a swimmer and with him quickly finding that the lake was dragging him away from the ship he started to try to grab onto anything that could keep him floating as the damned thing was quickly claimed by the waves. He didn’t want to be here if there were predators in the water but he was finding that his limbs weren’t cooperating in the same sort of way that he was hoping. Spitting out water the fox found himself clutching an intact crate. Some goods or something from inside the ship that must have had some air in it with the way it was floating.

Bloody hell…

#2Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Jikan

Mother nature was always an unexpected person. At times being serene and other times being an angry fickle controller of their surroundings. The only thing that could be even close to causing that much dread to others would the powerful magical creatures that could show up in the sea, land, and sky. And may the magical beings of their world hold mercy on anyone that just happened to get put in the cross fires. Of nature or the magical creatures that existed that could not always be avoided. No one sane would naturally allow themselves to be put in the situation to have to handle or deal with such a thing.

And given that...

WHY IN THE WORLD.

Did Jikan have to find herself trying to ride on Maxx in the middle of a storm? She had gotten off of the roads after traveling by land in her escape from prison. Giving time to place and hide physical land tracks before going into the air with her Duhlin stead. They were flying for awhile, but only about thirty minutes. When suddenly the storm came out of no where, the clouds darkening and becoming violent. At least if she made it out of it she doubt any pursers would want to keep going for the day!

Roaring winds came, the line of sight going in and out, fading and coming like Jikan was passing in and out of consciousness. Then magically, a boat was present. But not for long as it soon was making its way down, down down and further down before crashing into the water. A roar, an eerie terrifying roar that made Jikan's bones shake was heard but with no idea as to were it came from.

Shaking her head to straighten her senses she looked down at the fallen ship. "I...probably should not go check that out... I am on the run after all...". Oh she knew better, but still could not not go. And so she descended, coming upon the fallen ship in the distance before seeing a being floating on a crate. Moving down she hovered over them while trying to reach a hand out and scoop them up.

Main Theme | Battle Theme | Defending Theme | Evil 1 | Evil 2

Storms End [Jikan] 0554acacfde855d47381f6f9080b1841-700

Minstrelian ffff33
Fiorian 33ff33
Boscian 3399cc
Joyan ff99cc

Voice
#3Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:04 am

Skald
The demi human’s grip on the crate that was keeping him aloft was practically iron, he’d grit his teeth as he could feel the water trying to drag him down and the various broken bits of the ship that floated past him did nothing but to remind him that if he was to survive he’d need to do something. Casting about he noted that he was a good deal away from shore; the fox man was never really the best swimmer but with something to prop himself up and out of the water with? He might stand a chance. If it wasn’t for how the ship had upset the natural current of things and was trying to drag him down with it.

Snarling in irritation Skald fought the best he could against the waves but he was just going to tire himself out at this rate. A crack of thunder and lightning brought his attention upwards. A moment briefly passed and he was gifted with the sight of something in the air. Much smaller than whatever had attacked the ship…. And it looked to be taking in the location for a brief moment.

Skald nearly had to do a double take when the same flying figure came down towards him, even reaching out a hand to try to scoop him up. He had the choice of not taking their help and just trying to swim away. But his desire not to die mixed with wanting to find out what on earth attacked them threw common sense out of the window.

He didn’t really even hesitate reaching up to grasp at the figure’s arm as it came down. His grip was tense but Jikan likely wouldn’t even find much of a problem lifting the demi-human out of the water. Even with the soaked fur and seven separate tails; he was probably not the heaviest thing that she had lifted before. Were she to let him on the back of their mount or even just hanging off of it he’d still find his manners.

T-Thank you. I don’t think I could have out of this on my own.

Honestly he would have been more likely to be dragged down by some unseen predator and killed under the waves. But the demi-human wasn’t about to go thinking about that too hard. Depending on the choices of this mysterious savior the demi-human had a few choices facing him that was for certain…

#4Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Jikan

Jikan was thankful that the being, whoever they were, accepted Jikan's hand as she tried to get them up. She may have decided to try and help people that may have survived but she in no way had to. If the person she was first coming to was completely fine by themselves or refused her aid for some reason such as pride, she would have simply left them alone and went on her way to try and see if anyone else was in need.

The beings arm came up, their furry arm, and gripped the upper part of Jikan's arm as her hand went underneath their shoulder to lift them up, as she kept her other hand gripped to Maxx. She lifted him up, and so...god knows how many tails. And even more fur. A demi human huh? She had questions, what happened and an intrest of who this person was. But for now she had work to do. With a swing she swung the demi human backwards, nesting behind her on her mount. "Thanks can wait till after I get you to a safe location and anyone else I can manage. Hang on".

She pulled the reins of Maxx and the Duhlin responded with the timely normality of flying forward smooth and calm. She watched forward they moved closer to the now wrecked ship. She...wondered if anyone else survivied.

#5Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:47 am

Skald
The fox man grunted a little bit as he was lifted out of the water, the person hat had rescued him was fairly strong he had to bet. The question of how strong would likely come at a later date. With him briefly being nested behind the human on their mount he’d bob his head in a nod when she seemed to berate him for assuming he was safe. Well. Maybe just reminding him she still had to get him to shore.

All right. I don’t think anyone else made it out of the ship… most of the crew was dead when I went to the bridge…

He’d sigh a little bit and with the two of them making good time over the remains of the ‘ship wreck’ the only things that were really making their way up to the top from the crash was a bunch of crates, most of which were filled with various supplies. Anything heavy would have sunk down to the depths and skald grimaced seeing a few motionless bodies of passengers he recognized from the trip.

Most of them were regular travelers from what he could remember and he’d take in the scene. Gritting his teeth and just hanging on to the Duhlin the best he could. Somewhere deep down there was a large cracking sound as the ship continued to break apart and travel to the bottom of this lake.

...There wasn’t a lot of people on the ship either but… They didn’t deserve this.

#6Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:10 pm

Jikan

Jikan heard a grunt from the unknown passenger as she lifted them up. Whether as a sign of physical pain or an acknowledgement to what she had previously said was unclear. But the action was on over with the ship in the water destroyed and whoever this was safe on Jikan's mount at least. A check for injuries and inquires for information would have to wait until they got back to land.

She had a short thought appear in her mind after letting them get on. Was that...wet fur she felt when she grabbed their arm? A matter of fact....was she smelling wet fur right now?

Jikan turned her heard at the person's words, they had approached the ship and unfortunately...it seemed what they right. Pieces of wood, metal, fabric, and....flesh laid waste in the water. Pieces of it already being biten and eaten by the sea life below. "that is....sad to hear".

No more lives could be spared today. And Jikan thought of what she could do now. Taken this person to the shore to safety would be the first thing. They were crates in the water floating...probably supplies. The red head thought of taking them, it belonged to the day and if left alone, would be of no use to anyone. She had not been in Era long, but she had already seen plenty of towns and villages of people that could ue supplies. Be it at a discount or just a boon. Yes...that would be what she would do later. Come back and get the supplies bit by bit, give it out to the area around. It was better than letting the items disappear after all.

She turned her head towards the shore, turning her Duhlin Maxx back around as they began the track to land. "No....they didn't".

#7Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:35 pm

Skald
Skald gripped the mount tightly; was this creature strong enough to carry two? He didn’t know but he wasn’t about to point that out when there was much more important facts staring the both of them in the face. He’d bite the inside of his mouth and exhale softly. He was glad that they came along and were at least willing to help him out.

I’ve never heard of a ship like this being attacked in the air before. But I’m not as well traveled as I should be… Tch. The crew was so young too.

The foxman leaned, his icy blue eyes sweeping the waters and finding just a few things that were better left unsaid. His eyes softened a little bit and he wished that he could have helped people get out. But honestly hindsight was twenty twenty and he wasn’t someone who could just travel back into the past to fix things.

With them turning back towards the land, skald gripped at the Duhlin as it flew towards shore. This person had saved him from following suit with the rest of the crew and passengers. Meaning that he owed her a great debt. But hearing her agree that they didn’t deserve this came with a small air of approval from one stranger to another.

He had many questions but they would wait until they were firmly on shore. He didn’t want to ask anything that may upset his savior. But he did at least want to know one thing before they got to shore.

...My name is Skald. What’s yours?

#8Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:17 pm

Jikan

"I do not think I have ever heard of such a thing happening myself either. But, given that our world is magical. There is really no reason to expect something like this to happen. I just...wonder what could have done it. The ship was so large, but by the sight and sounds I heard, it was do so easily like it was just a hot knife cutting through butter...". Jikan patted Maxx's side as she spoke. The stead was pushing himself hard to get out of the area. He did not like something that was nearby, it was making him edgy.

As her Duhlin flew and reached closer to the shore, the red headed warrior heard her passenger for her name. "My name, is Jikan".

Minstrelian ffff33
Fiorian 33ff33
Boscian 3399cc
Joyan ff99cc

Voice
#9Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:26 pm

Skald
From the noises it was very large and very powerful. Hard to really say given all I saw were large flapping wings while going down.

The fox man sighed a bit and would have folded his arms were he not hanging onto the Duhlin. There was a lot that he had to consider and he felt like he should have known what they had ran into. Flicking his ear as they continued forward the red haired woman gave her name.

Jikan.

It wasn’t a name he knew of nor was it one that he had expected but given how many people he met he really shouldn’t have been surprised. He’d give a small nod of his head and well. With them coming up to the shore he had to make sure that he thanked her somehow. He didn’t really have jewels nor did he really have anything other than the clothes on his back. Biting the inside of his cheek he had to wonder what he COULD offer.

Thank you for saving me Jikan. I doubt I could have reached the shore on my own. I owe you a great debt.

The fox didn’t really know what he was supposed to do; here he was in a country he had never been to, rescued by someone he didn’t know and… Well here he found himself owing them a debt that he likely couldn’t pay back in any sense immediately. His eyes flicked around as the storm started to calm down; some rays of the moon cutting through the clouds.

...I unfortunately don’t have really anything to reward you with for doing so.

#10Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:27 am

Jikan

Jikan took mental notes of the information given to her by Skald. Whatever it was it caused a large amount of noise. Very large and...very powerful and...had wings. Jikan's mind was moving. Taking in the pieces and began cranking the gears in her brain. Something that excited her but also made a shiver run through her arms with a slight pulse of...fear? She was feeling fear? After so long...she had forgotten that feeling. But...thinking about, a dragon being here. That power and destruction, as a warrior and one that wanted to improve her power. It was hard to not feel this way if her assumption were correct.

They reached the shoreline, and Jikan jumped down. "No problem Skald. I was passing through and just happened to be in the right place at the right time." She dusted off Maxx and patted him a little. "Eh, I suppose you can pay me back by not wasting this life that was spared. All the others did not get that option after all".

#11Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:35 am

Skald
Skald wasn’t even really sure what he had seen; surely it hadn’t been a dragon? It must have been a wyvern or something else. He’d close his eyes and exhale a little bit; he was glad that he was alive but he could feel the aches and pains of the crash somewhat acutely now that he was ‘safe’ in a manner of speaking. With their arrival at the shore the foxman would jump down too; noting that his tails were soaked and his apparel was equally the part.

Hearing Jikan say that she was just passing through and it was a matter of her happening to be in the right place and that it was the right time well… Skald slowly shook his head at the thought of his luck just being that good. Then came something that he wasn’t expecting; not to waste the life that she had spared. His eyes looked towards where he could distantly see some crates bobbing in the water. Setting his jaw he’d briefly consider his options and arriving at the conclusion…

The most I’ll really do is just end up being another shopkeep in some big city. That hardly seems worth it to all those people that died for no good reason.

He’d turn to face jikan with a determined look on his face; he wasn’t the sort to waste opportunity nor was he the sort to spit in the face of someone that had just saved his life thirty times over.

My people were a proud sort; the sort that believed in paying back their debts fully. I’m not the sort to skirt around it. So I’ll say it plainly. I owe you my life. Which means until I settle that by saving yours someday or somehow. Which means I’m in your service if you’ll have me.

There was a small pause and he'd chuckle.

"A basic life debt as it were."

#12Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:06 pm

Jikan

When Jikan spoke her words it was true from her. She was in the right place at the right time. Sure....it may have been because she was running away from any possible Rune Knights pursuers...because she just broke out of a dungeon. But, there were still the factor of chance, of some luck, that Jikan would be taking his specific flight pattern on her Duhlin mount Maxx. But it seemed Skald thought differently.

Jikan sighed when Skald first started his response to her words. About living a life with value because of the ones who's time on earth were cut short on this day. "Skald, ones life does not matter only on what they do or accomplish. Life is life, the meaning is connected to what you personally value and connect with. Sure, doing something, havin an impact, has 'some' value. But when it comes to your life, personal value is greater than perceived value from others". She shifted her feet, turning her stance towards him. "So, if you end up just being 'another shopkeep' if that is what you want. Then that is living".

She met his determined gaze, looking at him closely in his eyes over the distance between them now. She listened to the rest of his words, and soon found that she should suspect that he was of the stubborn sort of people. Once making their minds up it would be hard pressed to change their minds or turn them away. She had no use for him, at least currently in her mind. But, connections were always good to half. And who knows, he could have a shop and it would be nice to have a discount. Maybe an open ear to what happened in the area.

She lifted a hand up, a sign that she understood him and would not argue with him. "Very well. I understand how certain things can be important for a person's culture or people". She reached a hand out, "I am sorry to say that I don't intend to put my life in the type of danger that I can't handle and need saving. But, until then I won't turn down a possible helpful connection".

#13Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:06 pm

Skald
Skald knew the sort of person that wouldn’t be comfortable with a life debt; or one that wouldn’t want to give or have one. He was more in the zone of not wishing to have someone indebted to him so he understood why jikan was trying to portray here. But he also understood her reasoning. There would be a soft sigh and there was a small shake of his head.

Aye but events can always turn your life into something different. I am not against being a shopkeep nor am I against being useful to one that my life is owed to. My life does have value yes; I’m fully aware of that but to those that judge me later were I to not be of use to the one that I owe my life to it might as well be a leaf on the wind.

The demi-human sighed a bit; the gods were unforgiving in that way weren’t they? With her holding up that hand he’d blink. She understood the cultural aspect of it and that she wasn’t intending on putting her life in danger or in a situation that she couldn’t handle that would need him to save her. He’d ponder for a moment and then nod his head.

If it’s all the same to you Jikan, I would still wish to serve as a vassal or the like. I’m sure you could find a use for my talents as a spellcaster or shopkeep.

There was a brief pause and Skald realized that there was another thing that he could ask; looking to jikan he’d fold his arms across his chest. Mulling over that decision. His ears flicked and the multiple tails started to idly adjust themselves.

Are you part of a guild that I could work with?

#14Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:02 pm

Jikan

She nodded a little at Skald's first comment. Events were the playing cards of the world and one never know what cards or how many you could pull. The demi human was absolutely right in that matter, life, was out of the livers hands mostly in the grand scheme, and could take a person in any type of direction. Jikan knew that very well.

"Ah good good. It nothing but a waste to let ifs and whispers of other pull one's body like a marionette", she gave an approving node at his response indeed. Although, her calm plain look remained still. She stopped an pondered at his offer for a moment. Using him as a vassal or a shop keep huh? That could be nice.

He then asked her if she was apart of a guild. It was an expected question she supposed. She was a magic user after all. And two tot en, any person who was a licensed mage was assoicated with a guild, no, any magic user would normally be with a guild. People found themselves banding together for any reason, bein under the King or not, people would have some sort of link as a team.

She, supposed she would tell him. She, apparently, was part of a group now that was not on the good side to the people in power. She did not feel like that Skald was a threat to her, at least currently. If he was a Rune Knight hunter or a mage bounty hunter, she thought she could defeat him. Or at minimum escape. "Well, I am technically. It did not get to be fully started before...chao started. But, yes. I am part of a guild. I am one of its founder's actually. Sleeping Calamity. I'm sure I can find some use of you in connection with us. Or at least me".

Minstrelian ffff33
Fiorian 33ff33
Boscian 3399cc
Joyan ff99cc

Voice
#15Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:12 pm

Skald
Skald was glad that Jikan understood what he was getting at here; it was something that he didn’t expect of everyone. Some people would be so against this to the point of basically throwing away his offer to repay them into the mud or that they would just simply use it in another venue. The demi-human found that the understanding continued further as the other seemed to mull over his question. Eventually she’d agree to tell him.

He found his eyes widening a little bit; even he had heard of the events that had transpired there so far in the north. But to be honest… That only strengthened his resolve to help her; to offer his life in this debt. A founder of a guild that fought against the rune knights? That might as well be admitting to oneself that you would serve the darker powers; but he cared little for that.

So little in fact he felt his resolve harden further and he’d bow his head in a nod.

Then I will swear myself to you and your guild; use me as you see fit Jikan.

A founder of a guild such as Sleeping calamity would bring many an interesting thing; working with or against them. But he found himself wanting to make sure that she succeeded no matter how much he had to try. To be useful he would have to grow and it would take some time no doubt.

But… all that said. It might do us best to leave the area before people investigate lest they blame either of us for the ship crashing.

There was a bit of urgency in his words; though if Jikan wanted to stick around he’d do so to the best of his ability. He was a little soaked after all and wouldn’t be much help till he at least rested a bit.

#16Jikan 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:31 am

Jikan

Jikan found herself being amused a little at Skald's initial reaction. As she watched his eyes widen a little bit she shifted her position. Placing her right arm under her bosom, resting her right hand under her left arm and resting it on her rib cage. Her left arm went up to her face and chin, resting her thumb under her chin while her palm and the rest of fingers were on her face. A motion to give the illusion that she was thinking while she was hiding the very small snicker smirk that was forming. She was thinking, but only a little. She was just a little bit surprised by her bemusement at the demi human's reaction of finding out what guild she was in.

Now that she had this moment, she thought. How long had it been since that day? Was it really that big of a thing? It was only a brawl really...the Rune Knights coming in to arrest one person and the rest of them were just the lesser known people caught in the crossfire. She knew she gave a long fight against them...and broke out of their prison not long ago. But could all that really give their guild such recognization? She did not think of herself or the guild, so far at least, as a dark power in the world. More of a gray, maybe a dark gray even, but still gray.

"Very well. Welcome to the ride Skald~".

She walked back to Maxx now, climbing back onto their back. "Let's go then before we have some issues pop up. I'll come back for some of these supplies later".

Minstrelian ffff33
Fiorian 33ff33
Boscian 3399cc
Joyan ff99cc

Voice
#17Skald 

Storms End [Jikan] Empty Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:05 pm

Skald
Skald rubbed at the back of his neck; his obvious response to the woman’s allegiance probably was a bit out of place. But he was connected and a lot of firepower had been thrown around there to give whispers even far up to the north. A lot of things had happened since then but… Icebergians loved their fights and loved talking about large ones that had transpired. He’d note that Jikan looked to be thinking and he’d adjust himself slightly; his vest was clinging to his fur at this point.

Thanks to the water of the lake he’d probably need a shower or bath to get rid of some of the nonsense from inside of it. But those thoughts were pushed away when he heard her speak. Welcoming him to the ride so to speak before he’d bow his head in thanks.

I look forward to working for and with you.

Skald would pad after the woman, noting that they were getting onto their Dhulin. He’d look about for a moment then nod his head as the other agreed with him. They could come back for the supplies when this wasn’t so much of a problem then…

All right. I’ve got some contacts in a nearby city that can give us a hand…

For better or for worse skald was now part of Sleeping calamity. While he may lack the symbol for the moment his heart and soul would be poured into serving the one who saved his life in any capacity she saw fit.

[exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum