Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:21 am

Toga

The shimmering shores of Luluhawa Island had been kind to Tōga, blessing the adventurer with bountiful treasures from his many escapades. Exciting exploits across the sandy beaches had lined his pockets generously with glistening jewels beyond his wildest dreams. Though the island landscapes had imprinted both friends and foes on his memory, Tōga embraced it all with jovial spirit. Luluhawa had welcomed him fully, and now his presence danced playfully across its beaches, his smile as bright as the sun-kissed tides.

The vast horizon beckoned to Tōga as he pondered the open seas. When dawn broke, he would set his sails for Era once more, eager to share the triumphant tales of his exploits with the Rune Knights. His victories on Luluhawa would surely grant him greater standing and open up new realms of possibility. The whole world now seemed an unwrapped gift, ripe for exploration. Perhaps he might voyage beyond the familiar, to take on quests in distant lands and meet fascinating strangers, like his friend Michael. As Tōga gazed out at the glittering waves, he marveled at the adventures still awaiting him and all the wondrous surprises the future could hold. Luluhawa had been but one chapter - many more lay ahead, just waiting to be told.

wc: 209

#2Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:27 am

Yuurei

Yuurei’s days within Luluhawa Island seemed like the ones he looked forward to the most. He got there instantly every time, and it was a place that had beautiful weather throughout the year. Well, what he meant by that was it wasn’t flat-out cold here like in the North.

The Seraphim was found with his trusty Exceed; the two of them were walking around the beach as they were eating some skewers that they had brought from one of the shops nearby. While Yuurei enjoyed this weather, it was not something Renji enjoyed. Still, he didn’t like to leave Yuurei’s side, so he would put up with this. They would look around the place as they would see people enjoying their time and spending it with loved ones.

While they walked right by the shorelines, Renji would look over to Yuurei questioning his reason for being there.

“Why aren’t we taking care of things in the North? I feel like you've been neglecting it for a bit.” He said to Yuurei.

Yuurei would chew on what he yanked from the stick as he looked at Renji. Migi would hear this and he would scratch his arm with a little hand he created.

“Why does it matter? Isn’t the North doing just fine?” He asked.

“Yeah, but still, it’s good that he shows his presence there, and they know Yuurei cares.” He said to Migi.

Yuurei would look at his arm and the Exceed chatting with each other.

“I promise I will, but I’m pretty sure that the people in our Guild are making sure to handle where I lacked for a bit. It’s been pretty rough lately, but I will push through it.” He said to Renji and Migi as he kept walking.

#3Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:23 pm

Toga

Luluhawa Island had proven to be a pleasant surprise, revealing itself layer by layer like a gift that kept on giving. Tōga found himself lingering along the shoreline, mesmerized by the seamless fusion of azure sky and sapphire sea. He watched the waves lap gently against the sand, as if hesitant to disturb the tranquil beauty.

Lost in the timeless rhythm of water meeting land, Tōga's thoughts wandered to the home and duties that awaited his return. Though he knew he could not stay forever suspended in this blissful reverie, the urge to remain a while longer sang a siren's song. For now, it was just him and the elements, basking in the quiet communion of sun, sand and sea. The stillness invited contemplation and Tōga surrendered to its spell, letting his mind float upon the placid waters. In this perfect solitude, his obligations seemed distant, like fading ripples dissolving into deeper waters.

Luluhawa Island continued revealing itself in pleasant surprises. Tōga’s heightened senses suddenly detected incoming footsteps and chatter, though not before a familiar scent reached his nose. He turned to see a man with snow-white hair approaching, accompanied by two Exceed kittens reminiscent of Michael's own furry friend. Eras watched the trio approach, intrigue piqued. Luluhawa was certainly full of unexpected encounters, and this looked to be yet another. He wondered what chance meeting or adventure awaited as the man and his feline companions drew nearer across the sun-kissed sands.

"Does everyone around here have an Exceed companion?" Tōga mused aloud, voicing his thoughts to the island air.

Tōga observed the approaching trio with curiosity, noticing the two felines bounding impishly ahead of their white-haired companion. He offered a friendly wave, though the strangers remained unknown to him. Still, Tōga considered, new friends seemed abundant on Luluhawa's sunny shores. Perhaps his lucky streak would continue and this unexpected encounter would bring more camaraderie. The island certainly had a way of drawing people together.

#4Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:38 pm

Yuurei

Migi would look at Renji and he would shake his head. It seemed like he got Yuurei to respond to his comment, and it wasn’t something he wanted to hear. He was about to say something to Renji, but while walking their heads would turn to the new voice not too far from them. Yuurei, and Renji would look at the young man sitting down, and Migi would extend from Yuurei to reveal two eyes on Yuurei’s arm.

The Seraphim would laugh when he heard those words. They were familiar as this wasn’t the first time he had heard someone say that. He would rub the back of his head with his left as he chuckled a bit.

“Yeah, I think there are three or four people that have Exceed companions with them.” He said to him as he would look at him.

He felt something familiar, but he wasn’t sure what it was. There were Dragon Slayer all over his guild, and one of his closest friends was also a Dragon Slayer.

“Enjoying the weather out here?” He asked making conversation or doing his best too.

#5Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:51 pm

Toga

The trio's footsteps slowed as they approached Tōga, who was seated in the sand gazing out at the vast ocean before him. As the dragon slayer rose to his full height, his bare feet sank deeper into the warm, golden grains. He took a moment to savor the heat radiating up through his toes before turning to face his visitors, the gentle lap of waves at his back. Though he appeared relaxed, there was an unmistakable alertness in his stance and expression. He regarded the new arrivals wordlessly, his piercing eyes filled with questions.

Tōga's gaze followed the exceed companions in quiet admiration. "I definitely need an exceed-friend soon," he mused with a smile. Michael and Samuel's bond had not gone unnoticed by Tōga. The winged creature was intelligent, witty, and humorous - traits not dampened in the least by his furry exterior. Their interactions exhibited a special kinship that Tōga found himself longing for. Having an exceed partner of his own, he realized, was something missing from his life. Watching Michael with Samuel only further convinced Tōga of the unique companionship the creatures could provide. His time with them had shown him how much he desired that same connection, that same loyal friend always at his side.

"Yeah, the weather here has been nothing short of amazing," Tōga declared, though even this felt like an understatement. Luluhawa Island had shown him only kindness since his arrival, treating him to crisp, cloudless days and sunny, languid afternoons. But the fair climate was merely an added perk. There was a certain magic in the air that went beyond the picture-perfect weather. An intoxicating essence that permeated the island. With each breath, Tōga could feel it - a lifeforce that pulsed just below the surface. More than just the sun kissing his skin, it seemed to impart a glow from within. This place had secrets yet to be uncovered, and Tōga sensed he had only glimpsed the start of what Luluhawa had to offer.

I’m Tōga, by the way! And you are?

#6Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:52 am

Yuurei

Renji would hear the man bring up that a companion was needed in his life again. He would scratch the back of his head, and then the enjoyment of this weather was insane. Who the hell enjoyed this hellish weather? He tilted his head as he looked at this guy and thought he was crazy, but so was Yuurei.

“You two must be nuts! This weather is insane, who the hell has fun in this? The North is the best place to be in right now. Especially right now.” Renji said to the two.

The Exceed was used to living in the North Pole, so the weather condition there was something he enjoyed more than anything. Yuurei would laugh when he heard Renji and figured he would snap because of the talk of this weather he found hideous. Still, the man would introduce himself, and he would smile at him as it would seem like introductions were needed here.

He was fine with that as he didn’t expect everybody to know who he was.

“I’m Yuurei it’s nice to see and meet a friendly face, Toga. What brings you out here?” He asked him curious to hear his reasoning.

Renji would look at Toga and he would shake his head.

“The name is Renji and don’t you forget it. Also, Yuurei’s arm is named Migi.” He pointed at Yuurei’s right arm and Toga would see a pair of eyes and a mouth on Yuurei’s backhand.

“I could have introduced myself Renji, but whatever.” He said to him wondering how Toga’s reaction would be.

#7Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:07 am

Toga

Yuurei, Renji, Migi - three names that stirred a sense of familiarity within the Dragon Slayer, though he knew them not. How could a man's arm possess eyes that see, a mouth that speaks, a magic all its own? No, it was not their strangeness that seized Tōga's attention, but the shape of those names upon his ear. In their syllables he sensed a trace of the distant land he once called home, the kingdom of Joya that still held so dear a place within his heart. In those curious names he heard echoed whispers of a past now faded, yet still stirring his soul with a longing that never fully fades.

Nice to meet ya all!” Tōga greeted them warmly, a smile upon his lips. "Not to be rude, but I have to ask: are you all from Joya?" The Dragon Slayer's question held no suspicion, only a glimmer of wistful hope. Though the syllables alone did not betray their origins, still he sensed the whisper of a shared heritage. For even as the years flowed on, Joya yet echoed in Tōga's soul, and to meet fellow children of that land so distant would rekindle fading memories. In query he sought not to judge, but simply to know these strangers better, to spin familiar stories with newfound friends. Their past remained a mystery, but in their names resounded possibilities yet unexplored.

Yuurei's query brought a smile to Tōga's face. "Work brought me here, but I’m stayin’ a little extra for a break," he explained brightly. "I see it as a small vacation," The past days had been filled with deeds and duties, three trials conquered to aid the land. But time remained ere he must return, and Tōga was determined to claim these last free moments for himself alone. To bask unfettered beneath the tropical azure, lulled by the endless ocean's rhythmic roar. No agenda now beyond refreshing spirit, mind and body, enriching himself ere obligations called once more. This island paradise offered a chance to live with abandon, if only for a fleeting interlude. And Tōga knew no life was complete without such joyous liberty.

Are you vacationing here? Do ya live here?

#8Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:02 am

Yuurei

Yuurei heard Toga’s question, which caused him to blink a bit. He had to think about it for a second but realized the reason behind it was because of the sound of their name.

“We aren’t from Joya, but I’m Joyan. Renji here is from the North Pole, and then Migi came from the void rift.” He said it, which it sounded strange at least from Renji and Migi.

Renji worked with Saint Nicholas, with a few other Exceeds around Fiore. Migi was a mystery, but he tried to take over Yuurei’s body yet failed and became a residential arm. He was going to ask him if he was from Joya; he was quick to ask him that, so he figured it was because this man was from there.

He heard his reasoning, followed by the question he was asked in return.

“I’m just hanging out here for a few hours, and then I will teleport back to North. I got a lot of paperwork I still need to take care of. Are you from Joya?” He answered and gave him a small question afterward.

#9Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:38 pm

Toga

Tōga's eyes widened in surprise as Yuurei revealed the strange and mysterious origins of his sword and arm. The North Pole and the void - two places as different as night and day. Yet somehow they came together in the form of the enigmatic man before him. Tōga could scarcely believe it. A talking arm was astonishing enough. But comrades from such polar opposite realms, literally and figuratively? It was almost too much to comprehend.

A thousand questions bubbled up within the dragon slayer. His natural curiosity and excitable nature made him want to burst with an enthusiastic interrogation. But he held back, reigning in his usual explosive expressions. He sensed the need for a delicate touch here. This was a moment for patience and careful listening, not his typical fiery outbursts. Tōga waited with contained excitement and curiosity. His eyes shining, he gestured for Yuurei to continue. Eager to learn more, yet cautious not to run off this fascinating man with demands for explanations. He would let the revelations unfold at their own pace, though it took all his self-control not to bubble over with exhilaration at this tantalizing tale.

Tōga's restraint snapped as Yuurei casually mentioned his ability to teleport across the world with ease.

"Wait, what? You can teleport!?" The dragon slayer burst out, unable to contain his curiosity any longer. His dark eyes shone like fireworks exploding in the night sky. His mouth stretched into a wide, beaming smile that revealed his gleaming white teeth. In his excitement, Tōga unconsciously closed the gap between them with an eager step forward. "Is that your magic?" he prodded, practically vibrating with infectious enthusiasm. The possibilities whirled through his imagination, fueled by childhood stories of wizards and warlocks zipping through space in the blink of an eye.

Yet he sensed this was something different, something more. There was surely an incredible story behind Yuurei's astonishing gift. Tōga quivered with anticipation, hungry for every detail. But he checked his usual headlong rush into questioning, not wanting to overwhelm the fascinating man. Still, the dragon slayer could not hide his exhilaration, eyes dancing and grin shining, as he awaited the revelations behind Yuurei's mysterious teleporting magic.

"I wanna teleport!" Tōga exclaimed wistfully, his mind already leaping ahead to imagine the possibilities. How incredible it would be to traverse the world in the blink of an eye, appearing wherever he wished in an instant. The dragon slayer's expression grew contemplative as he mentally reviewed his own abilities, considering if teleportation could somehow be within his grasp. But after a few moments of turning ideas over in his head, he realized such magic was likely far beyond him. Disappointment flickered across Tōga's features before he reigned in his wandering thoughts. In his excitement, he had nearly forgotten about Yuurei's follow-up question. Tōga quickly refocused, not wanting to miss a single word from the mysteriously gifted man.

Oh yeah! I’m from Joya, but I live in Era now!

wc: 492 [1733]

#10Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:48 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would look at him as if he had asked him a question. He thought about that term that was just used, and he figured that was one way of putting it. He could use his key to take him to different places in an instant, and whenever his friend was in danger, he got a signal that allowed him to know they needed his aide. He figured these were forms of teleportation, but were they really that similar to Kaito’s teleportation?

He was going to answer his question, but he would be asked another question. He chuckled a bit as he wasn’t far from the person who had that magic, but it wasn’t him that was for sure. His thoughts ran through as he was trying to gather how to break the news to Toga, but while he thought about it the young man had brought up the fact that he wanted to teleport. Yuurei would rub the back of his head as he wasn’t sure if that was possible.

While he was getting ready to speak he did hear Toga mention that he was a man from Joya living in Era now. It brought him to wonder if he was a Rune Knight as those were the only people that actually worked there.

“I can’t teleport, well, I don’t have actual magic that allows me to do that. The only magic I have is the ability to conjure weapons out of a dimension that I’ve forged, bought, or found.” He said to him as he wasn’t done.

“But what I do have is a key. This key right here allows me to go to any door and open it. When I open it allows me to come from another door within a location I’ve been to before. So, that is the trick behind this teleportation.” He said to Toga.

“Oh yeah, I also have a guild spell that allows me to temporarily appear at a location of an ally. Once that spell ends I go back to where I was originally.” He didn’t mind telling him this as it was not something he cared if someone knew about or not.”[/color] He said to Toga.

“Interesting. I haven’t been to Era in a long time. I should do as I need to pay King Reign a visit.” He said this to Toga as he was indeed friends with Reign as the man appointed Yuurei as the Warden of the North.

“Do you happen to be a Rune Knight Toga? There isn’t much around Central Fiore besides that, so I figured I asked.” He said to Toga waiting for an answer.

#11Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:31 am

Toga

Tōga's excitement dimmed as Yuurei revealed he could not, in fact, teleport. For a brief moment that stretched into eternity, Tōga's smile faded and his shoulders slumped ever so slightly, like a balloon slowly losing air. His curiosity, once soaring high and buoyant at the prospect of discovering the secrets of teleportation, now drifted slowly back to earth. He had imagined a thrilling conversation delving into the nuances of slipping between locations in the blink of an eye. But that exhilarating discussion would have to wait for another capable of such magic. Fortunately, Yuurei continued, outlining his own remarkable abilities. Though teleportation was not among them, Tōga's passion for the mystical was sparked once more.

"Incredible!" Tōga exclaimed as Yuurei described his ability to summon weapons from pocket dimensions. "I've never met someone with that kind of magic."

Tōga's mind swirled with fascination at the notion of crafting personal storage realms. Though this was his first encounter with such magic, he had heard legends of "Requip Magic" before. A prominent leader in Joya was renowned for concealing countless armors and weapons, effortlessly donning each battle-ready set as the situation demanded. If Yuurei commanded similar mastery over dimensional spaces, his combat potential surely knew no bounds. Tōga eyed the mysterious mage with newfound awe, his curiosity piqued. What spectacular arsenal lay tucked away in Yuurei's arcane armory, waiting to be called forth? Such supernatural craftsmanship was rare indeed. Eagerness flickered in Tōga's gaze, enthralled by his companion's remarkable gifts. There was still so much to uncover about this new ally.

"I'm a Rune Knight!" Tōga declared proudly, a bright smile lighting up his face as he regarded Yuurei. He was eager to share his affiliation with the Rune Knights organization.

"I've been a member for several months now," he continued enthusiastically. "I'm really enjoying it so far." Tōga relaxed into the conversation as he recalled his journey with the Rune Knights, mentally sifting through the many adventures and events he had experienced in his short time with them. He had accompanied seasoned knights on patrols, learned investigative techniques, helped quell a local uprising, and begun honing his swordsmanship and magical abilities. It had been an exciting few months, full of new skills, camaraderie, and a sense of purpose.

Though still relatively new, Tōga felt he was on the path to something greater under the Rune Knights' tutelage. Their rigorous training and discipline was shaping him into a stronger mage, physically and mentally. He hoped to continue proving himself to his superiors and peers alike, working his way up the ranks to become a fully-fledged Rune Knight. For now, he was simply grateful for the opportunity to develop his talents in service of the people.

Someone with your kind of magic and cool hair can’t be a loner – do you belong to a Guild or are you actually traveling alone?

wc: 479 [2212]

#12Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:38 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear his words and it would seem like he had met someone with the same magic as him. That was interesting because Yuurei didn’t have the same faith in meeting someone with his type of magic. He was pretty sure of that, and he would find it interesting to hear that.

“Interesting I’ve never met someone with this magic before. I guess I’ll bump into them one day.” He said to Toga.

It was then he would reveal and confirm that he was a Rune Knight. He would nod as he expected much. The people who were unique, and interesting, that were from there were usually just that, Rune Knight. It was then he would be asked a question of where he was from.

The Seraphim found it funny and interesting to hear Toga does not know who he was. It wasn’t a problem, and he didn’t mind it at all. he would stretch his arms into the air though as he looked at the young man.

“I’m glad you’re enjoying the position you’re in. As for me, you’re correct I’m not a loner. I’m the Guild Master of a guild in the North, Paradise Dawn. I’m also the Warden of the North, granted by our King, so I have reign over the North.” He said to him.

“I’m surprised you haven’t heard of me.” He said as he was, but at the same time, it was nice.

#13Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:09 am

Toga

Shock jolted through Tōga as Yuurei revealed his lofty title of Guild Master. The Dragon Slayer's auburn eyes widened with awe and excitement. What were the odds that a leisurely stroll on Luluhawa Island would lead him to cross paths with someone of such prestige? The world could feel so vast, spanning endless miles in every direction. Yet occasionally it contracted, shrinking down to the size of an apple. This was one of those serendipitous times. Tōga now stood face-to-face with a prominent Guild Master, Warden of the North no less. The threads of fate had woven their lives together, however briefly.

"My bad, I've been told I can be oblivious," Tōga said with an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of his pink-tressed neck. In truth, he was no fountain of knowledge or attentive observer of world affairs. A shame, given his wanderlust to explore every corner of the globe. Tōga thrived on the thrill of stumbling upon the unexpected, reacting in the heat of the moment. What fun was there in being prepared? He favored the spice of surprise, the flare of tests that caught him off guard and demanded wit on his feet. A life lived spontaneously, come what may. Tōga saw no need to burden his mind with facts and details. Better to let the world wash over him, all its wonders new and unforetold.

"Don't worry, I won’t ever forget it, Sir Guild Master Warden Yuurei-kun!" Tōga declared, offering a spirited salute. He had no clue if that was the proper protocol, but the gesture felt right in the moment. This chance crossing of paths deserved ceremony, commemoration. After all, it wasn't every day one met a personage of such import.

wc: 285 [2497]

#14Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:09 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear him as he apologized. He would rub the back of his head as he would laugh a bit. He was fine, and he didn’t have to apologize. He was actually glad he didn’t know who he was. Well, he probably knew of the Guild Master in the North, and the rumors and facts about him, but this would be the first time they met.

It would also seem like Toga had done the same thing, which made him laugh a bit more. They were both doing the same thing. He heard his words and he nodded as he would see the man salute.

“You’re okay Toga. It’s funny you didn’t spot me, but it's something I consider fresh. A lot of people know who I am for a while, so it’s nice to know when someone doesn’t know who I am from the beginning.” He said this to Toga.

It took him a while to piece these words because he didn’t want to be rude about his words.

He would look around the area as he was trying to figure out what they could do right now. He was wondering if he should ask the man to spar with him, or if they should go get a drink to cool off from the sun.

“Want to get drinks Toga?” He asked him waiting for an answer.

Renji just stood there watching the two of them interact. He wondered if this was done here, or if they were going to keep going with this awkward scenario.

#15Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:05 pm

Toga
Ittindi's sarcastic yet light-hearted warnings about Tōga's lack of etiquette finally rang true when Tōga stood ignorant before the esteemed Guild Master and warden of the north, Yuurei. Though never one for stuffy formalities himself, Tōga often casually disregarded them, to the chagrin of his companion Ittindi. However, representing the Rune Knights in the eminent presence of Yuurei demanded awareness and respect. Tōga felt relief amidst his embarrassment that the venerable Guild Master let his breach of etiquette slide, though Tōga knew his ignorance did not reflect well on himself or the knightly order he represented. Still, Tōga mused that perhaps Ittindi’s teasing admonishments about manners contained some truth after all.

Tōga cheerfully accepted Yuurei's invitation for drinks with an exuberant, "I'd love to go for drinks! It's my third favorite pastime." The quests that had brought the Dragon Slayer to Luluhawa Island had proven mentally exhausting, though the tropical refuge provided the perfect hub for rest and recuperation. Yuurei's offer of conversation and libations at a local tavern resonated as a welcome respite. Tōga felt relieved and grateful that the esteemed Guild Master seemed to share his sentiment that this island village, with its swaying palms and vibrant culture, made an ideal place to temporarily set down the burdens of adventure and simply enjoy good company and cheer. As Tōga eagerly followed Yuurei into the rustic island cabana, he mused that beverages with fascinating new friends ranked even higher than his initial assessment as a pastime.

Do you have a favorite spot on the Island? One of my good friends, Lumikki-chan would always take me to a small tavern not too far from here,

wc: 293 [2790]

#16Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:50 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear him and drinking was around his third or fourth thing to do as well. It was something he had acquired a taste for through his year of traveling away from Blue Pegasus. Now it was something he enjoyed doing as it was a weird, yet good feeling. He would lead the way indeed, and they would find themselves in a open area where the locals and other tourists were drinking. He would take a seat at one of the empty spots that were available for the three of them. Renji was with them, but he had been silent this entire time.

The Seraphim didn’t forget about his companion, and it was why he took a seat for three. When they were sitting down, he would put his arm up into the air as Toga was speaking to him. It would seem like he knew of Lumikki. She was a person who would make Paradise Dawn scarier than it already was. He knew fear the power of the guild, especially since they were considered an Independent guild. They were in an alliance with the King of Fiore, but that didn’t mean Yuurei couldn’t cut those ties at any moment. It was what made him be feared throughout this place.

He had a temper of course, one that could lead to destruction within this world.

“Ah, so you know Lumikki. That’s good to know, if you’re in one piece that means she considers you a friend too. As for a favorite place on this island. I guess the forest that is located on this island is my favorite. The highest tree, or even the mountain next to it.” He said as their server would approach him.

“What can I get you three?” He asked them waiting for an answer.

“I would like tequila on the rocks and he will have milk.” He said as the server would look at Toga for his order.

#17Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:00 am

Toga
Tōga trailed Yuurei from the sandy shores into the bustling heart of the city, their footsteps carrying them from natural beaches to paved roads. Before long, they arrived at a cozy tavern, no larger than the one Tōga often visited back on Luluhawa Island. He savored the homey atmosphere of the island, free of the towering excesses that marked the metropolises, tailored as it was to the humble lives of its islander folk. The little tavern was a familiar retreat, its worn wooden tables and mismatched chairs evoking lazy evenings filled with easy talk and laughter shared among neighbors. It was an atmosphere Tōga had come to cherish in his time living on the islands.

As they stepped inside the tavern, Yuurei swiftly ordered tequila. With an approving smile, Tōga asked for the same. So not only was Yuurei an extraordinarily gifted mage of worldwide fame, but he also appreciated fine liquor. Tōga could already tell this was someone destined to become a close companion.

"Lumi-chan is really one of a kind," Tōga chuckled, memories cascading through his mind of the formidable raven queen. Their first run-in on this very island flickered by, when her tremendous power was revealed in a dark flash. That fateful encounter set the tone for an untold number of interactions since as unpredictable as the tide. Though fondness had grown between them over the years, an immense respect still underscored his regard for the sorceress, along with flickers of fear at the relentless force of her ancient magics.

Tōga smiled wistfully into his glass as visions swirled of a long-awaited dream duel with Lumi, peerless powers pitted at last against each other. Though today he could never hope to best her mystical mastery, he nurtured an ember of belief that one day his strengths would stand as an equal to her own. Even if that day never arrived, the true test would be having the boldness to stand opposed to so daunting a display of supernatural command. The whims of fate might someday conspire to arrange such a meeting, and Tōga knew that win or lose, the challenge itself would be honor enough.

How did ya find yourself in a guild? I’ve always been curious about guilds and those who join em,”

wc: 377 [3167]

#18Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:16 am

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear Toga comment on Lumikki. He would smile as he leaned back on his chair to hear that. That woman was making a name for herself. He wasn’t sure how she was doing that with the boys but he wasn’t judging.

“That’s good to hear that my best friend’s niece is making a name for herself. At Paradise Dawn, it seems like those who join thrive to be the best, and that is what I like.” He said this to Toga as their drinks would arrive soon after.

He would see that the young man was looking at his glass for a bit. Renji would pick up his drink and he wouldn’t hesitate to drink. Yuurei would look at his glass for a bit as well, and then he would drink a bit of it before putting it down and looking at Toga. It was soon the questionings would begin, and he welcomed them without a problem. He nodded acknowledging that he was listening to him. When he was done, he would look up to think about it for a few seconds and he would look back at him.

“Well, I joined Blue Pegasus because one of my best friends joined it. We lived in a forest in the North our whole life, so when we came to the world you call Fiore and Earthland, we needed a place to seek knowledge and a place to view the world. We chose Blue Pegasus of all things, and soon after things happened, and then I found myself in Paradise Dawn, a new guild at the time when I joined.” He answered Toga.

"And what about you Toga? How did you find yourself joining the Rune Knights of all things? I would see a talent like yours in my guild if anything.” He said to the young man as he circled the tip of his finger on the rim of his cup.

#19Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 pm

Toga
The world really is a small place,” Tōga laughs a little, allowing the situation to overtake him in a very gentle, casual way. He had spoken randomly about a friend he met on this very island. They both came from far away, and wouldn’t have met any in other situation, however chance granted them the opportunity to meet and befriend one another. Now Tōga sits here, at a different bar on Luluhawa Island and meets another person who also knows Lumikki, and maybe even deeper than he does. It just shows how close and connected everyone truly is.

Oooooh, how cool. I’d love to visit your home one day,” this was a message shared with anyone who Tōga met that hailed from a faraway land he had never ventured to before. The world may have been small in some respect, but when you’ve only been exposed to raindrops, any body of water always felt vastly larger.

Well, the simplest answer was, at the time, they accepted me,” Tōga said, taking a sip of his drink as he turned to face Yuurei, a smile still lining his face. ‘I haven’t been many places, and haven’t met a lot of people. I ran across the Rune Knights first and well, they took me in. Maybe it was chance, but they helped me get here,” Tōga answered as honestly he could. In truth, the guild life, from what Yuurei briefly shared and what he knew from Lumikki, may have fit his personality more. Still, the Rune Knights were like a family to him, and in some ways, were able to replicate that feeling.

Maybe one day, I can be a guild liaison or something – live the best of both lives, hahaha

wc: 288 [3455]

#20Yuurei 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Yuurei

Yuurei would hear him and his ears would twitch slightly. He would look at him with a smile on his face. He was fine with that, and he would give him the verbal agreement that he was welcome.

“You are more than welcome to, Toga. Trust me it’s filled with some weird people. Some have agendas that you might not like, but try not to stir any problems.” He said that he knew there were people like Alaric, Emil, and Knux who were not on the side of good, but on the side of self-preservation.

Yuurei would nod as he heard his reason for joining them. They had gotten lucky because this guy looked like he had the potential to become a powerful person. If he was on his side that would have been good, but for now they were on friendly terms right now. He would drink more while Toga had spoken again.

“I see, so Paradise Dawn had failed to get to you first. Well, that’s tough luck, but you are always welcome to ask for our help. We are a guild who will help out for pay or even do things for free, depending on who you approach.” He said to him as he would eat a bit as they brought them the appetizers that he had asked for.

“I would like to see Lumi swoop you into the guild, but who knows what the future holds.” He said to Toga as he laughed a bit as he didn’t know if that would ever happen.

#21Toga 

The devil gives no gifts [ft. Yuurei] Empty Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:02 pm

Toga
"Yeah, I try to stay in my own business - but I won't lie, it can be hard at times," Tōga exclaimed, peering at Yuurei with eyes closed in a wide smile. In truth, Tōga was not one to meddle; he preferred the company of fellow adventure-seekers who would not dampen his thirst for excitement. What others did was their own affair. Yet there were times when turning a blind eye felt impossible, moments that called upon him to lend his voice or strength to others in need. Though rarely one to jump headlong into another's troubles, neither could Tōga ignore a cry for help.

"If there's one person who could lure me from the Knights, it would be Lumi-chan," Tōga remarked casually, his effortless words belying fierce loyalty to the Rune Knights. "She's helped my growth - we've weathered much together." Yet presently, an interwoven dependency bound Tōga to his cohort - the Knights relied upon him as he did them, an admission uttered without embarrassment. In Tōga's eyes, such mutuality undergirded meaningful allegiance; when needs go unmet or talents undeserved, the neglected depart. But Tōga felt neither slighted nor undervalued amongst their ranks; his needs were provided for, his talents employed for the betterment of all. Where he stood, he stood sturdy.

"You seem pretty strong, and probably don't need someone like me in your guild though, Yuurei-san!" Tōga exclaimed, though the raw power radiating from the white-haired mage bespoke his unparalleled might. Still, Tōga felt a glimmer of pleasure at having piqued interest beyond his Rune Knight brethren, so singularly focused had his life become since taking up the arcane arts. Though his talents paled beside the stellar blaze of Yuurei's, perhaps they yet held some fragment of value to glean. Or perhaps, Tōga considered, Yuurei glimpsed in him glints of possible greatness yet unrevealed even to himself. Either way, it heartened Tōga for his skills to be recognized and desired rather than relegated as superfluous.

wc: 329 [3784]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum